PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm considering "upgrading" to a XV6800

I currently have a heavily modded XV6700 that seems to be having issues, so I'm thinking about moving to an XV6800.

I have a few questions before I "jump", tho:

1) How is the "stock" functionality? I won't be modding it for quite a while (at least, until the dust settles). I may be stuck with a stock phone for at least 6 months.
2) Has Microsoft finally fixed their Bluetooth stack for the XV6800? I have had a bazillion problems with my XV6700 maintaining contact with my Acura TL. Is the XV6800 better, worse, or about the same?
3) How is the battery life/memory size/CPU speed?

Thanks!

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: I'm considering "upgrading" to a XV6800

that's the best move of them all... it has the most storage memory (about 163 mb free) out of all the Titan models even though it's based on Bell's PPC 6800 model, so jump into the Titan family. take it from someone who has played with the xv6800 for a while and loved it despite its looks.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 03-11-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
I currently have a heavily modded XV6700 that seems to be having issues, so I'm thinking about moving to an XV6800.

I have a few questions before I "jump", tho:

1) How is the "stock" functionality? I won't be modding it for quite a while (at least, until the dust settles). I may be stuck with a stock phone for at least 6 months.
2) Has Microsoft finally fixed their Bluetooth stack for the XV6800? I have had a bazillion problems with my XV6700 maintaining contact with my Acura TL. Is the XV6800 better, worse, or about the same?
3) How is the battery life/memory size/CPU speed?

Thanks!

¿GotJazz?
As far as connecting to you TL, i have an 05 and till this day is none. Except the 1 min it takes me pairing it after trying custom ROMS. lol im lazy what can i say , but all jokes aside, youll be very very happy. Ill never go back to that cinder block again lol.

Last edited by B18DelSolT; 03-11-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

?GotJazz? is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
that's the best move of them all... it has the most storage memory (about 163 mb free) out of all the Titan models even though it's based on Bell's PPC 6800 model, so jump into the Titan family. take it from someone who has played with the xv6800 for a while and loved it despite its looks.
blasphemous_prime - Thanks for the info ... Is there a problem I should be aware of with the Bell PPC 6800?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
As far as connecting to you TL, i have an 05 and till this day is none. Except the 1 min it takes me pairing it after trying custom ROMS. lol im lazy what can i say , but all jokes aside, youll be very very happy. Ill never go back to that cinder block again lol.
B18DelSolT - I'm glad I found someone with a TL! Did you used to have an XV6700 and see the same connection problems I did (the cinder-block reference)? I have an 04TL, and I'm still a little concerned that the 6800 will act similar to my XV6700 ...

¿GotJazz?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

johnjirwin is just getting started

GotJaz...
I had the xv6800 from the first day Verizon announced it. Seems to be much nicer than the 6700 ...alot lighter (not lugging around a brick in my pocket!) Battry life is fantastic. I had to have an extended batttery with the 6700 because I was always short. VERY good battery life ...it's nice to not worry about it!
I miss not having a cradle for my desk at work...

word of caution... DON'T buy the verizon wallett for the phone (the one with the magnet flap) It took me a few days to figure out that the magnet activates the screen to view sideways (just like when you slide out the keyboard) Every time my phone would ring it would go into landscape mode when I took it out of my holster ...Pretty annoying after a while!!!

Don't be afraid of the mods ...everything that's come out so far has been a great improvement from what Verizon put on the phone.

Memory is real nice to have although some work needs to be done with the memory management ...if you add programs to the phone things get a little skimpy on the program memory (although you will have plenty of storage memory) and things come to a stand still.

Finding that MOST of the mod work is being done with Sprint first and then the rest of us (Verizon) are a little behind and it's frustrating to have to wait (and find when you can) Verizon mods.

I would make the jump!

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

....Also,
Verizon STOCK still has issues with blue tooth. I was having the same problem with the 6700 when I was using MS Voice Command. With the mods that have been coming out the problem was fixed and BT works good for me!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

....And,

CPU speed seems a "little" snappier but unused memory seems to be key!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

....Shape of the xv6800
Well that's a drawback for me. It's hard to figure out if you have it upside down or not. I often fumble around to find the buttons on the side (that needs a little design work for sure). The buttons are all shaped the same, are small and hard to activate. I have rather large hands so I don't like how the buttons on the sides work (or get in the way)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan