PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Who needs an i***** has posted an ALPHA test

http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/rele...er_Alpha_1.zip

If you have a PC with ActiveSync
Download FUILauncher_Alpha_1.zip (All files a ZIP file)

Uncompress this ZIP file to a temporary directory on your PC, and you will find the following:

FUIServer.EXE - The http server .NET application that handles interfacing with the device
Launcher.SWF - The primary SWF file for the launcher
IconConfig.EXE - The icon configuration helper application
settings.xml - An XML configuration file that stores user settings, icon configuration, etc
WALLPAPER - A folder containing a number of .PNG wallpaper files
LAUNCHERICONS - A folder containing a number of 60x60 pixel .PNG icons for the launcher
license.txt - Just some legal stuff so other people can't claim ownership of the app

Cradle/Connect your device and click on "Explore" from the ActiveSync window. Navigate to the location you wish to install the interface and create a directory for it (I would suggest \Storage Card\FUI or \Program Files\FUI) (You can get out of the My Documents folder by double clicking on the "My Windows Mobile-Based Device).

Copy all of the files from the ZIP distribution file to you newly created directory. You should end up with a structure that looks like :

\Storage Card\FUI
\Storage Card\FUI\Wallpaper
\Storage Card\FUI\LauncherIcons

(Note, if you are tight on space, just leave out some of the wallpaper files... The default wallpaper is "sunsetclouds.jpg" so that file at least should be there.

In order to start the interface, on your device click on the Start menu and select File Explorer. Navigate to your install directory and click on "FUIServer.EXE". This will launch the server and automatically launch the LAUNCHER.SWF file.

The forum indicates a need to register to download the file.
Also two other files are needed....
o The Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
o Adobe Flash Lite 2.1 Player http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/...ab:downloads=1

Will test and let you know what I think. Some reports on the forum indicate stablility issues (like any new software). Post your findings when you get a chance.

Last edited by nmhusa; 09-05-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
I'll wait for it to become an official release. Until then, good luck to those who try the alpha.

--James
Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
i have been checking up on that for like the last 3 or 4 months ..

i havent installed it yet becuz im too lazy too do it so i am just waiting for the official release ..

there are alot of updates to perform so i will just wait =)

-Tony
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
Installed flashlite and this. Ran. Used for 3 minutes. S....L....O....W....!!! Definately an alpha. Quickly uninstalled before my apache got mad at me. Hate flash lite as it disables standard flash in PIE. Project has promise, but running an entire GUI in flash just doesn't seem to be a nice thing to do to my processor. I'll give a later beta a try, but this alpha kills it's usefulness with its awful speed.

namopereht
Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
i don't get why people what to make thier phones look like iphones.... if you want it that badly then why didn't you just get an iphone??? they retail for almost the same price as the mogul....

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
i don't get why people what to make thier phones look like iphones.... if you want it that badly then why didn't you just get an iphone??? they retail for almost the same price as the mogul....
As of today they retail for notably less than a Mogul. But I agree. If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone. I got my Mogul for everything the iPhone doesn't do (and the fact that I won't get AT&T). Now that's not to say that Microsoft's recent comments about putting iPhone-like functionality into Windows Mobile don't intrigue me. I'd love to see them improve Windows Mobile to have the same level of interface and smooth control as the iPhone, but I don't want an Apple phone.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM
N00b

fletch713 is a n00b
Sorry, but after playing around with the iphone, I actually like the interface. I've used ppc's for years now, and I won't give my mogul because gps, fast internet, tethering, and program availability are all very important for me (not to mention the cheap SERO plan). However, the interface is really clunky compared to the iphone. I have to use a stylus, which means using two hands, to get to most functions.

I lost my stylus recently, and using fingers to minimize/close programs, scroll, change dialogue boxes is really a pain in ppc. There's a reason why small apps like pocketcm are getting such attention. Flicking through a contact list is much easier than scrolling with a stylus. And even that program is nowhere near as smooth and polished as the iphone interface. Same with the music player, picture viewer, web browser, etc. With third-party programs like Resco, Core player, opera, you get extra functionality if you click through half a dozen menues, but when I'm on the go or sharing stuff with friends, I prefer the ease and refinement that the iphone interface provides.

In short, an iphone by itself doesn't do all that i need a pda to do, but i'll definitely take that interface for the mogul.

Last edited by fletch713; 09-05-2007 at 03:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan