PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
On the Alltel PPC6800, it's my understanding that the small chip located next to the keyboard connector is an interface for a flux capacitor.

Alltel promised me at the time I bought my phone, that there would be time travel capabilities coming in early 2008....I don't know if this was just something that the salesperson was telling me to try and make a sale, or if it really will be available in 2008 or not....anyways, that's my guess as to what that chip is.

Like I said, that is on the Alltel PPC6800, the Sprint version may be different though.

Does anyone know if Sprint is planning on having time travel functionality for the Mogul???
Actually, it's not possible because it's not in the FCC docs filed for the Titan... this is as silly as the clueless VzW customers who thought "their" version of the 6800 would have 96MB ram instead of the 64MB that is clearly spec'ed in the FCC docs.

On the other hand... rumor has it that the docs about to be filed with the FCC for the 6850 (Titan II) lists time travel as a feature that can be activated in ROM...
Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
On the Alltel PPC6800, it's my understanding that the small chip located next to the keyboard connector is an interface for a flux capacitor.

Alltel promised me at the time I bought my phone, that there would be time travel capabilities coming in early 2008....I don't know if this was just something that the salesperson was telling me to try and make a sale, or if it really will be available in 2008 or not....anyways, that's my guess as to what that chip is.

Like I said, that is on the Alltel PPC6800, the Sprint version may be different though.

Does anyone know if Sprint is planning on having time travel functionality for the Mogul???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
Actually, it's not possible because it's not in the FCC docs filed for the Titan... this is as silly as the clueless VzW customers who thought "their" version of the 6800 would have 96MB ram instead of the 64MB that is clearly spec'ed in the FCC docs.

On the other hand... rumor has it that the docs about to be filed with the FCC for the 6850 (Titan II) lists time travel as a feature that can be activated in ROM...
You want Time Travel.....

Dial a call, any call.....

Take an Ambien CR 30 minutes before the call.....

Realize 4 hours later you are still on the phone AND you have driven yourself to BurgerKing, bought a Whopper, ate it, then went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard.

Seriously though, great breakdown. Saved me the headache of tearing one of mine down.

Last edited by canospinach; 12-26-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: I speak typo
Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

~Jesus~ is a n00b
Quote:

I remember once, talking with my Father, and asking Him to explain what time was.....He said that it is more or less a state of mind....it's basically just a concept.

"Time"....He explained, doesn't really exist.

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but I quess the idea of time from a traditional standpoint is hard for Him to relate to....being that He's "omnipotent" and all....the Alpha and the Omega....the Beginning and the End.

But, back to the thread's original topic....I really like all of the pictures, and the piece by piece breakdown of all the components....very nicely done.

Keep up the good work.

~Jesus~
Old 12-27-2007, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work
absolutely awesome work on the pics and explanations! I appreciate all the research you did! but yes pics of the inside of a touch are now in order to identify its memory which is 128MB. my bet is the samsung chip is the RAM and there will be a identical looking chip on the touch with a different part number. That will however leave the question of if upgraded will the software recognize it or only use 64MB of it.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started
Quote:

Yes, there is Time Travel capabilities on the phone. It will be activated with the RevA ROM. You need to set the time in the Sprint TeleTime Software and then browse the internet. When you reach 8.8Megabits browsing speeds you will be transported to configured time period.

They were having problems in the private beta, instances where only the phone would be transported leaving the user with an empty hand.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Mr. Punchers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by macevedo View Post
Yes, there is Time Travel capabilities on the phone. It will be activated with the RevA ROM. You need to set the time in the Sprint TeleTime Software and then browse the internet. When you reach 8.8Megabits browsing speeds you will be transported to configured time period.

They were having problems in the private beta, instances where only the phone would be transported leaving the user with an empty hand.
A pencil sharpener friend of mine, Milton Von Sharpenheimer, was involved in the private beta.

His phone and all of his clothes disappeared, leaving him standing in the
middle of the office naked!

Everyone could see his pencil shavings!

-Mr. Punchers-
Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
While we are inside the ppc 6800, anyone know how to take the front of the case off to expose the touch screen? Trying to put on a screen protector and im trying to make it perfect.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

aaaan is a n00b
Re: Inside the HTC Mogul

Hi guys,
I hope you help me of my problem with my Mogul 6800 it was happened when I finished a successful install of Radio ROM version 3.27 for my Mogul Device, the phone instead of reboot, device stayed off and only red light appear.
Also I'd like to get photos for how to disassemble Mogul.

with my regards
Old 10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

edubb521 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to edubb521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor View Post
IF you had a alltel phone laying around to use the easiest thing to do would be to disassemble both of the alltel phone and remove the motherboard. Then take the motherboard from the Sprint mogul and place it in the Alltel casing.

They look identical on the outside so there shouldn't be any problems but no promises.

Otherwise, if you just had the casing, the bottom shell is not hard to change out but the top part housing the screen is really tight. So tight I wasn't comfortable taking it apart past what I did. I removed the two flaps on the underside of the top but it was pretty sealed around the screen.
There is a youtube video, showing you step by step how to swap the housing to the black Alltel housing.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaan View Post
Hi guys,
I hope you help me of my problem with my Mogul 6800 it was happened when I finished a successful install of Radio ROM version 3.27 for my Mogul Device, the phone instead of reboot, device stayed off and only red light appear.
What procedure did you use to flash your phone? Can you please list all the steps (even if they seem mundane, redundant, or useless to us) you followed?
Quote:
Also I'd like to get photos for how to disassemble Mogul.
Are you in your warranty period? This will disqualify your warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan