PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   can't change themes anymore (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7943)

superflysocal 09-03-2007 11:14 PM

can't change themes anymore

I'm not sure what happened or what program caused this, but now i cannot change themes anymore. I am stuck on windows default blue/green. If i select another theme nothing happens, background color and top and bottom bars stay the same, even with sprint default yellow. The only different when i change the theme is if use the scroll wheel and select an item on the start menu, the color of the selecte ditem is different with different themes. Has anyone seen this?

walla 09-03-2007 11:55 PM

Make sure that themes are stored on the main memory of the phone.

JDTagish 09-04-2007 01:45 AM

Not sure if this is applicable for you but if I tried to use a SPB Pocket Plus extended theme without having Pocket Plus installed, I would have a similar problem. It was corrected by either installing Pocket Plus, or using a non-extended theme.

superflysocal 09-04-2007 08:12 AM

yes, the themes are stored in main memory.

what i don't get is even the default themes that came with the phone don't work anymore. Perhaps it would help if i know where default themes are stored?

drew454U 09-04-2007 08:57 AM

tryed hard or soft resets yet??

superflysocal 09-04-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew454U (Post 82269)
tryed hard or soft resets yet??

have tried soft, but i am not to the point where i want to hard reset.

superflysocal 09-06-2007 10:49 PM

so no one is having this problem?

can someone at least tell me where default themes are stored.

another thing, when I go to select themes, when i highlight windows default theme (my current theme that i can't get rid of), i noticed the beam and delete option is not lit up, but all the others are. I thought it might have meant that current slected themes cannot be deleted so i selected another theme and that theme still can be deleted.

Big D5 09-06-2007 11:06 PM

Try this chose another theme than chose ok and go back to the today screen than soft reset. I was having this same issue and for a while I would have to do a soft reset every time I changed themes. I am not sure what caused it but I eventually hard reset and haven't had the problem since

getimmaaw 09-07-2007 01:41 AM

I had this problem. I had to hard reset.

superflysocal 09-07-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysocal (Post 83802)
so no one is having this problem?

can someone at least tell me where default themes are stored.

another thing, when I go to select themes, when i highlight windows default theme (my current theme that i can't get rid of), i noticed the beam and delete option is not lit up, but all the others are. I thought it might have meant that current slected themes cannot be deleted so i selected another theme and that theme still can be deleted.

ok, don't know if this has anything to do with this, but i can't find the tsk file for windows default anywhere on my system. i see sprint default.tsk, windows mobile default.tsk, guava bubbles.tsk, but not windows default.tsk

can anyone look in their \windows folder for windows default.tsk and post it for me?