PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Aircraft Aluminum Case For Mogul

I found these cases on ebay for the mogul. Looks like the only ones they have on ebay. I couldn't find any plastic ones like these. It looks like these aluminum cases protect the screen as well. I was thinking about ordering a couple of these. I just wanted to post it here to let you guys know about them if you haven't already seen them, and also get some opinions on them before I go ahead and purchase them. They look like they would be pretty nice cases for the Mogul. What do you guys think?

Heres the link to the black one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PDair-Aluminum-M...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

prototypedc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to prototypedc Send a message via MSN to prototypedc Send a message via Yahoo to prototypedc
thats not bad bot you need to open it to slide out the keyboard there are a few plastic ones available now seidio makes the one I'm using now and you dont gota open it or take any thing off to slide out the keyboard
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Yeah that's true. I didn't think about that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
would be nice to have an alum one that you don't have to open..

Will
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypedc View Post
thats not bad bot you need to open it to slide out the keyboard there are a few plastic ones available now seidio makes the one I'm using now and you dont gota open it or take any thing off to slide out the keyboard
So does that one or the one from Seido cover the screen too and what exactly is it like if it does?

Like what kind of material is the screen covering and does it fit really tight onto the screen for the stylus to work good?
Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to prototypedc Send a message via MSN to prototypedc Send a message via Yahoo to prototypedc
no it doesn't cover the screen what i did was order the screen protector from them as well witch is really nicely made unlike some screen protectors you cant even tell this 1 is on i love it i almost order another 1 just 2 have it
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Lurker

trinidadma is a n00b
Hey prototypedc

Where did you buy your case and screen protector. Seems like a nice setup. I am alway scared im gonna drop my Mogul and scratch the shit out of it. It would be nice to have a case that was easy to use (slide the phone open and close) easily. Do you have any pics of the case itself and better yet the website you bought it from. That would be awesome.

Matt
Old 09-01-2007, 02:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
he got it from seidio . com..... i also own one of these cases the 30 bucks plus shipping is kind of steep for the case but it looks nice and protects the phone like no other case i have seen for the mogul and the best part is that you can still use the qwerty keyboard without taking the case off so what more can you ask for.... the only thing that i noticed is that for the first week or so you are going to notice the keyboard sliding a little harder than it used to without the case....but after the first week the case doesn't affect it nearly as much due to the rubber getting worn down little bit........ this case is awesome and if you ask me is a must have for your mogul.... also some people have said that the cases after time start to scratch the phone due to pocket lint and other debris getting behind it....... to not have this happen all you have to do is not be lazy and take the case off every other week and clean all the stuff out.... also for the screen protector i myself don't use one since i found that using your favorite car wax every other week on the screen protects just as well and since it does that why sacrifice the color and vibrancy of the screen with a screen protector?????? well thats about all i have to say lol so if you or any others have questions feel free to ask me either in this thread or through a pm.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Lurker

JDTagish is a n00b
I'd personally have to disagree with matt19 on the screen protector issue. I've been a long time user of PDA's, and car wax won't do a thing to protect the screen from scratches or heavy stylus usage. There is nothing more annoying that a screen with scratches to me, and it can severely reduce the potential resale value as well.

For screen protection, I would highly recommend PPCTechs - they make an anti glare version and a crystal clear version. I personally use the anti glare version, and it produces a more tactile interaction between the stylus and the screen, which makes it easier to use the stylus.

I have the crystal clear version on my iPaq, and it's been installed for nearly 2 years without needing replacement or showing signs of wear. I don't use handwriting recognition or write on the screen for notes a lot - if I did I'd probably have to replace the screen protector once a year or so.

As to cases, I haven't found the right one yet. I got the Seidio rubberized case, but I'm not crazy about it for me. It's a good case tho if you like that kind of thing, and it seems really secure for what it does & it won't fall off, that's for sure.

I'm looking for something that allows me to carry additional storage cards somewhere, but so far I haven't found the right thing for me yet.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i have to agree with JDTagish and if your screen protecter is takin away from your screen then ur using the wrong 1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan