PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After playing with WM6.5 can't decide if it's better for me

i'm trying to get my flashing and tweaking in before school really gets hectic but the only programs i really need working is Epocrates Essential and iGuidance. I haven't tried Epocrates on WM6.1 but i don't remember iGuidance being this slow. Epocrates on Titan is a slug compared to the iTouch/iPhone version and a turtle compared to Palm.

Is WM6.1 still the better choice if i want just clean smooth speed? I do appreciate the thumb friendliness of 6.5 and IE6 but after installing epocrates and IG09...the menu started getting really cluttered (any way to manage this?), IG09 can only run by itself (as in i don't think i can use the phone at the same time).

I am currently using bbsandkim's build but am i the only person that feels this way? I already feel this build is pretty lean i can't imagine building my own any faster. Opinions?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: After playing with WM6.5 can't decide if it's better for me

Were you in high memory mode? Seems like it should have run better with WM6.5.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

actually other than it locking up from out of memory once today it's been pretty good.

i think as long as i keep my epocrates in the memory it's not bad at all. i just have to remember to keep shutting down programs as i go.

yea i am in high memory mode.

i heard you can disable to the today touch menu...would that free up much? it's so simple and lame i would actually want to try spb or throttlelauncher etc.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yes, disabling Windows default will free up some RAM, but you'll probably lose more by using another launcher. But its worth a try, right?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

I would use 6.5wm, my opinion is the GUI is way way better, you can use your thumb and it looks way nicer then 6.1. You should just cook up your own rom and stop using other peoples and basically put nothing on it except for low mem add on for 6.5wm, you lose the camera but gain memory and it sounds like you could use as much extra memory as possible.

Last edited by bertrenolds; 08-12-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

Just realized that you said the menu for 6.5 was getting a little cluttered and there is a really nice GUI editor for 6.5's main window, it's called CHome Editor, works wonders and you run it on your phone, can make your main window look any way you want it to. I made a tab for all of my browsers as well as one for my task manager/wififofum/and wireless manager. You can put what ever you want in each tab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titian
Carrier: Bell

n0cfed is a n00b

just a question but how do you set the rom to high memory mode, tried with the kitchen but i just keep getting low memory mode
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

No matter how bare or lean I cooked 6.5, I always had too many bugs. I tried several different cooked ROMs and finally gave up and went back to 6.1. On bootup with 6.1 I have 19mb free in low mem mode.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0cfed View Post
just a question but how do you set the rom to high memory mode, tried with the kitchen but i just keep getting low memory mode
if you have it there's a program called nue Kernel which toggles camera on or off.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

it's fine for now cause i am use to how slow programs load and respond.

i will def try out the CHome editor and it's funny i didn't know there was a subforum for titanium tweaks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan