PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: ntelos

bossmav is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help really needed

I post this request in another forum but I'm in so much trouble that I have to ask here.
For most husbands I'm sure you will understand, if you are not married yet and are a male reading this if you get married you will understand.

I just got my wife a htc 6800 from a local provider by the name of Ntelos, it only costed .99 cents because they are a discontinued model. Being the Mr.fix-it that I am, I tried the rom update to 6.5 with great success until my wife tried the data connection, now she has no email or internet.
Ntelos can't send the phone any updates using the ##778 and said since I've changed the rom I'm now stuck with this phone or I can buy a new one for $259.00. The phone came with windows mobile 6, I can't find a rom anywhere for this and after reloading the Justpctech 21501 Titan rom I've still had no luck. I can follow most instructions and have been networking computer systems for almost 20 years, phones are new to me but isn't windows windows?
If anyone has a idea how to fix this please post it.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Terry
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: help really needed

When you loaded his rom did you load the Netelos version?

http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/red...RUU_signed.nbh

Also, does phone calls work or no?

Oh and cellphone windows is NOTHING like actual windows

Last thing I think nTelos reuses sprint so you may be able to get away with running sprint's IOTA

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-07-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: ntelos
Threadstarter

bossmav is a n00b

I did load his rom and yes everything works on the phone but the data connection.
I can sent text, answer and call others. No email or internet. This was why we did the phone which so she could check her email.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmav View Post
I did load his rom and yes everything works on the phone but the data connection.
I can sent text, answer and call others. No email or internet. This was why we did the phone which so she could check her email.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Try running IOTA?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Iusacell

luiggi0707 is a n00b

Hi buddy, I think you're not in so much trouble, since the phone boots up and starts with windows, in short, do you speak spanish? if you do, try this thread, it explains how to update your rom, configure your phone and data connection and set up final steps to be on rails again, of course you have to use the correct data for your provider, just google for the right cabs and configuration files, and I'm shure you can deduce mos of them based on your contract, provider, configuration zone, country, etc.
Here is the link http://www.darkclockers.com/foros/sh...ight=mogul+gps and this link shows you how to access the data configuration on your phone, you just have to configure it with the right data from your provider, http://www.darkclockers.com/foros/showthread.php?t=7560 but the general steps must work.

I recomend this to you becase it follows up some logic order, it's complete and it's a hands on aproach.

On the other hand if you don't understand spanish try this general steps:

- Update your loader, radio and rom, please google for it and verify that are the adequate for your model.
- Configure your data connection, according with your provider's data.
- Check your phone's connection, send and receive calls, if you can't, something is really wrong (and I guess you have an expensive brick) because updating the rom does not affect the phone configuration, and as I understand your phone was working right.

You need to be patient, I've updated many of this phones and believe me this is not a hard deal, its simple, but you have to be in control and do things in the adequate order.

Regards.

Last edited by luiggi0707; 08-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan