PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 03:33 AM
N00b

mpancari is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*10 REASONS WHY MY NEW FREE PHONE IS BETTER THEN THE MOGUL*

I've had the Mogul since June 18, making today 'our' 2 month anniversary. Well, today I will be divorcing my mogul for good. Me and some of my friends have the mogul and we will all be getting rid of it for good! This phone has been nothing but stress and unecessary trouble. I have NO programs installed on the phone at all and still the battery lasts nothing, the bluetooth is the worst ever, dailing a number is SO hard to do while driving or on the go, and its so sluggish and heavy.

So, I am temporarly replacing my Mogul with a Samsung M300. Yes, the M300 is a free phone.

I will give you why the Samsung m300 is so much more better than the mogul...

1. Its simplicity!!! just like what HTC is trying to do with the Touch witht he menus...
2. The bluetooth signal is strong and loud
3. I dont even have to look at the keypad to type a number and i dont have to repeatedly bang on it like i do on the mogul
4. Its very light and attractive
6. It never lags at all or requires a restart
7. It never misses calls at all!!! the mogul is always avoiding calls....
8. you dont have to worry about your phone secretly calling people while its in your pocket or in the case (because the screen rubs up on anything causing programs to open and people being called)
9. Accessing everything on the phone is simple and T9 text is a breeze!! (texting on the mogul was a pain because it always froze!!)
10;. Best of all, its free and its easily replaces because of that fact.

So, I would like every mogul owner to consider my proposal and loose that complicated problematic piece of you know what mogul and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SIMPLICITY AND SECURITY.

I will be going back to pocket pcs in the future when the treo 800p comes out but for now, no more htc devices.

thanks,

Michael
Old 08-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started
You do realize that 90% of the problems you reported just now are caused by WM6 right? and Not the HTC devices running it...

Ever used a launch version of any microsoft product?

Yeaaaaaaah... Get the idea here...

1. I hate the touch, Many other people do too... I like complexity in a PPC, If its gonna cost some 400+ dollars it better have a decent list of features, Not just some Iphone ripoff style screen system (That BTW runs on top of WM6 so Say Hello to more lag).

2. Bluetooth issues are due to the stack included in WM6. (they used a crap one just like with WM5 and thanks to that people will have to wait till kitchens start to show up or MSFT to update it themselves)

3. Touchscreen is a trade off for the keypad... I happen to like the touch screen 1,000 times better, and I know for sure others do too... Why else would PPC's sell?

4. I see no difference between the M300, The Mogul, and about another million devices here... heck, the 6700 was light and attractive by my standards, The 6800 only gets better at that point... Its all in the eye of the beholder...

5. Yeaaaah... You forgot a number between 1 and 10, Guess which one...

6. Once again, Launch version flaw of every MSFT product in history... Standard phones use very simple Operating Systems compared to a PPC or Smartphone... But as stated above, this isn't HTC's fault...

7. See #6

8. Uh? Power button?, Screen Lock?, Slide2Unlock?... There is a lot of options to prevent this...

9. Yet again, See #6

10. Yeah, its free because it costs the cell phone carriers so little to manufacture it (thanks to the cheap - o - parts they use) that they can offer it free and recover the cost in your monthly bills... That doesent say much about the build quality though... Because if your phone becomes a brick, They can swap it out for next to nothing... Ever see an Acer Notebook? Same idea. XD

I think your blaming the wrong company for the current issues with the 6800... If you want proof of that find any user of the 6700 that got one at its launch... They will have some stories for ya... Remember, MSFT's Windows Mobile line is still pretty new. And WM6 is brand spankin... Its gonna take time to iron out the bugs, People wanted the phone, As fast as possible... Im sure if they wanted to iron out all the bugs in WM6 before shipping the 6800 out it would have had a release date of 2012... The main problem with OS development is that there is really NO way for the manufacturer to find every bug before launch, They cant hire millions of testers, But then again, They can iron out what they can find, and work as best as they can to fix issues once thousands, hundred of thousands, or millions of users begin to find rare and un-common bugs that the programmers missed...

Anyways, Enjoy that M300 and Im sure you will find plenty of people wanting to buy that mogul on e-bay!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
Only reason Im keeping this phone is because its like a mini laptop that I can carry around in my pocket. But yea the battery is crap and it has a lot of other craptastic features im not too happy with.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

c2meang is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska
You do realize that 90% of the problems you reported just now are caused by WM6 right? and Not the HTC devices running it...

Ever used a launch version of any microsoft product?

Yeaaaaaaah... Get the idea here...

1. I hate the touch, Many other people do too... I like complexity in a PPC, If its gonna cost some 400+ dollars it better have a decent list of features, Not just some Iphone ripoff style screen system (That BTW runs on top of WM6 so Say Hello to more lag).

2. Bluetooth issues are due to the stack included in WM6. (they used a crap one just like with WM5 and thanks to that people will have to wait till kitchens start to show up or MSFT to update it themselves)

3. Touchscreen is a trade off for the keypad... I happen to like the touch screen 1,000 times better, and I know for sure others do too... Why else would PPC's sell?

4. I see no difference between the M300, The Mogul, and about another million devices here... heck, the 6700 was light and attractive by my standards, The 6800 only gets better at that point... Its all in the eye of the beholder...

5. Yeaaaah... You forgot a number between 1 and 10, Guess which one...

6. Once again, Launch version flaw of every MSFT product in history... Standard phones use very simple Operating Systems compared to a PPC or Smartphone... But as stated above, this isn't HTC's fault...

7. See #6

8. Uh? Power button?, Screen Lock?, Slide2Unlock?... There is a lot of options to prevent this...

9. Yet again, See #6

10. Yeah, its free because it costs the cell phone carriers so little to manufacture it (thanks to the cheap - o - parts they use) that they can offer it free and recover the cost in your monthly bills... That doesent say much about the build quality though... Because if your phone becomes a brick, They can swap it out for next to nothing... Ever see an Acer Notebook? Same idea. XD

I think your blaming the wrong company for the current issues with the 6800... If you want proof of that find any user of the 6700 that got one at its launch... They will have some stories for ya... Remember, MSFT's Windows Mobile line is still pretty new. And WM6 is brand spankin... Its gonna take time to iron out the bugs, People wanted the phone, As fast as possible... Im sure if they wanted to iron out all the bugs in WM6 before shipping the 6800 out it would have had a release date of 2012... The main problem with OS development is that there is really NO way for the manufacturer to find every bug before launch, They cant hire millions of testers, But then again, They can iron out what they can find, and work as best as they can to fix issues once thousands, hundred of thousands, or millions of users begin to find rare and un-common bugs that the programmers missed...

Anyways, Enjoy that M300 and Im sure you will find plenty of people wanting to buy that mogul on e-bay!
Very well said...!!

I'm a happy previous owner or 6700 and couldn't be happier with the style and performance of my new Mogul. A few shortcomings of WM6 and the device itself is somewhat a good thing. It makes more and more users here to work harder to come up with ideas, hacks, roms, and programs to make this phone one of the best, most customizable, and most stable phones out there.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:12 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Well posting something like this in this forum full of Mogul lovers is just inviting someone to flame you. You have opened yourself to this so here I go

5 REASONS WE WILL BE GLAD YOUR GONE.

1) Windows Mobile like you who don't understand or care to learn about how to get what you want from a PPC shouldn't waist this forums time.
2) There are far to many threads (like this one) posted about problems with the Mogul that don't really exist or could easily be fixed with a little research.
3) You are sucking up server space by posting useless threads like this one, if you don't like this PPC than go get you a new POS and stop trying to convince dedicated Mogul owners you know what you are talking about because you don't.
4) The Sprint Mogul is simply the best hardware device that Sprint has ever put out hands down.
5) You stated "I will be going back to pocket pcs in the future when the treo 800p comes out" 800p Don't get another PPC if you aren't willing to put in the time to learn how to use it.

I personally think this Mogul I carry in my pocket is the best device ever offered by Spring. I don't want to be an a$$ here, I hope you understand, slamming my $600 best friend produces strong emotions in this Windows Mobile lover so don't about me giving you what you asked for, its nothing personal you probably have very good intentions you are just picking the wrong place to post your opinion.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Yes, the power of Mogul is to complicated for the masses.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:49 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yes - complex phones are not for everyone. Takes above average computer literacy to take advantage of features. And, takes an adventurous spirirt to be a bit on the bleeding edge with a new product.

Not for everyone...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

telugite is just getting started
u r right.

when u just need a phone why go for ppc's
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
I wonder that every day as I sell and return Moguls from people that just don't want to invest the time to learn to use them. I try to let them know that they are a phone that isn't ready to just "function" out of the box and time and effort will go into it, and try to sell them the Palm 755p instead.. And they insist that they need the Mogul.. And bring it back a week later for an M300..

Returning a Mogul for an M300 just shows how little you are in touch with your phone needs.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite
u r right.

when u just need a phone why go for ppc's
Yes - I'm thinking about getting a small cheap pocketable phone for weekends and outdoor activity. Love my PPCs, but sometimes just need a small phone that I can abuse.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan