PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Alltel 6800 going black screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7831)

shellguy 09-01-2007 12:41 PM

Alltel 6800 going black screen

hey all I have had my 6800 for almost a week now and two times once yesterday and once today my screen goes black and won't come back on unless i soft reset it, any ideas

Will

ITistic 09-01-2007 03:33 PM

I know this *could* be perceived as me being a smart-a**, so please don't take it that way. You do know when the phone goes to sleep you have to hit the power button on the right side of the phone to get it to come back on, right?

shellguy 09-01-2007 04:03 PM

Yes Smart a**, lol I do know that even holding the pwr button on the side doesn't bring it back. I have to soft reset the phone to get it back on, i tryed to call it when it was in one of these states and no ring on the phone

ITistic 09-01-2007 04:15 PM

Haha sorry man.. Can't help ya then ;)

willysp 09-01-2007 04:24 PM

My Mogul does the same thing. I have a moderate number of apps installed and probably one of them causing the problem.

Some questions to consider (I'm not asking for the answers)

How many apps do you have installed?
How many of them have Today plug-ins?
How many of the those plugs-ins do you use?
Are any of the plug-in apps installed to the storage card?

Consider a hard reset, then installing one app at a time, and waiting long enough to make sure it doesn't cause DSOD's before installing the next app. (I haven't done that myself, but know that should)

shellguy 09-01-2007 04:32 PM

The only thing i had installed was a reg patcher from triangle, for the 6700 to remove the sms notification, it is the only app i have installed as of yet waiting for the wm6 upgrade, which i read on another site should get here on the 7th but never know.

Will

fablife 09-01-2007 08:17 PM

I have a P4000 and have noticed that sometimes when it is paired with my Motorola bluetooth headset it makes the device fail to wake up from sleep (event with the power button). Do you have your bluetooth on when you experience the issue?

shellguy 09-01-2007 09:14 PM

My BT is always on, im going to see if it happens again tomorrow if so i will hard reset the phone and start again, if it doesn't i will chalk it up to the Triangle software that i had installed that was for WM5

Kizzman 09-02-2007 01:31 AM

I also have a 6800 from Alltel. This happened to me the very first day I had it without adding anything to the phone. I believe it has something to do with the Mem card. I discovered that if I remove the card (which by the way was purchased and installed by Alltel) it does not lock up. If you have a mem card installed you can try to eject and reinsert the card... that has worked for me as opposed to doing a soft reboot. :-)

shellguy 09-02-2007 06:01 AM

Intresting i will have to chk that Thanks

Will