PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Lurker

whyang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
don't want #777 dial-up!!!

Hello all,
thanks for the tips and tricks on the Apache, and now on the Mogul.
Love the form factor, and how it fits into my smaller hand. Ah, and the spring action keyboard is neat, unlike the mushy half-locking apache keyboard.

I absolutely love the internet explorer and the wifi integration, as i can now listen to web-radio on the Mogul!

However, i have two questions...
- how can i keep the #777 dial-up modem from enacting? i don't have a data plan, nor do i want to pay for that. When i am in the yard or in bed, i browse the web/listen to internet radio. All is fine, but when i'm done, i slide the radio switch to off, and turn off the device... once i turn it on again, it keeps trying to dial #777. I've tried changing the number to like #776, it does not work, as it gets resetting to 777. I tried deleting sprintpcs/dialup entries, and they keep popping up. Am i actually getting charged the $0.03/kb even if i don't have the plan? Also, under CommManager, the dial-up-modem icon, once clicked off, gets turned on again once a minute. Rather annoying. I know the easiest way is to quit Internet Explorer, and get rid of the app that is trying to access the internet automatically, but isn't there a way to turn this thing off? kind of like an alien creature that refuses to die no matter what.

- second, when listening to internet radio through web/wifi, the unit turns off at one minute. That's what i have set it to turn off on normal PDA operations. I know on regular Media Player, music will keep playing even when the PDA is itself in the "off" mode, screen off. Can this be accomplished while streaming through InternetExplorer/wifi?

any help would greatyl be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Machina2o2 is just getting started
You can remove the Dialing profile in the Settings/Connections area and remove Radio dialing altogether.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b
a nice little program called resco pocket radio will help you with your streaming troubles. it has many radio stations pre-set, and you can add more...I just haven't figured out how

hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan