PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

car_lost is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to car_lost
issues with my mogul

Here are the details... I switched from a 6700 to the new 6800. I kept my plan exactly the same. I had the basic power vision plan (or the cheapest one) with the 6700 and it has remained the same for the 6800.

I got the Mogul a few days ago. Got it set up and everything was working. Now the internet works on and off. It hasn't worked today all day. I'll load up PIE, and it'll stay stuck on Opening... and eventually just stop trying to open up any web page. The same thing happened yesterday and at night I was finally able to get on the internet. I have done soft resets and hard resets and it still does the same.

My second issue: the phone gets hot without doing ANYTHING. I have 0 programs installed and clear the memory (shut down any running programs) and after a while, the phone is hot.

Third issue: the battery runs out incredibly quick after using it for maybe 10-15 minutes of talking and attempting to use the internet and playing games for about 10-15 minutes.

I tried calling sprint customer service and after being on hold for literally 35 minutes, the call got disconnected. So before I call again I decided to post here. If you can provide any info. or help (other than call sprint and get a new phone), that would be great.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
N00b

nsinsinsi is a n00b
I have both your second and third problems, as do many others. My phone runs hot for no reason and the battery life is dismal.

No problems with net access though, that's where the phone shines in my case.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

car_lost is a n00b
Yea, I finally got in touch with Sprint. They guided me through some steps and I can now go online. I had to some resets and go through some of those ## codes.

As for hte 2nd and 3rd problems, that's just the way the phone is according to the rep.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rstcso is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_lost
As for hte 2nd and 3rd problems, that's just the way the phone is according to the rep.
If that's the way the phone is... all of us should have a similar situation, but we don't. My phone never gets hot and only gets warm when charging or talking for an extended period of time. Good luck to all with this issue in getting a successful resolution.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstcso
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_lost
If that's the way the phone is... all of us should have a similar situation, but we don't. My phone never gets hot and only gets warm when charging or talking for an extended period of time. Good luck to all with this issue in getting a successful resolution.
x2. That guy is full of crap. That's not "how the phone is". Mine never gets hot either, and I only experience bad battery life when I use data services frequently.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

car_lost is a n00b
Well, since I got my internet working, I haven't felt it hot at random times like... so perhaps this fixed the issue for me. Then again, it hasn't even been a full day.

But yes, I agree the guy was full of crap.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

jbphilly is a n00b
Phone getting hot and losing power.

I had the same issue with the phone getting hot and losing power quickly. After some trial and error I found that if you remove the memory card and soft reboot then reinstall the card everything works as it should. It happened a few times when I first got the phone but has not happened for awhile now. The card thing could just be a fluke but it worked for me every time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan