PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

delusionalexit2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to delusionalexit2
Need Help: How to update firmware/roms from microsd?

first post... was wondering if anyone could help me out. my miniusb connector on the bottom of my phone broke so i cant charge/connect to the comp via usb. i have an extra battery and external charger so at least im still able to use the phone. i havent updated in forever since im still running on windows mobile 6.0 and not the newer firmware that includes 6.1 and a bunch of other extra stuff.

so im looking to load the newer firmware or any cool roms that anyone would recommend directly from my microsd without having to connect via usb to the computer since that is not possible. im somewhat new to all this but i have loaded the update/firmware before 6.1 myself w/o probs. so i've done it before via the usb cable/comp. i have tried searching but havent been able to find instructions on how to load directly from the sd card. any help help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks to anyone who helps me out!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Need Help: How to update firmware/roms from microsd?

Yep, take your RUU_signed.nbh and rename it TITAIMG.nbh, put in root of a flash card (under 2gb formatted to fat32), put in phone, reboot in boot loader mode (power, camera and reset), it will load your rom this way. I use this sometimes because it can be a little quicker sometimes.

If you locked your phone and need to re-unlock it download nueSPL-2.47, run from a flash card, it will unlock you phone, then flash radio (can get one of the GPS ones if you want), then use this method to take your rom and flash your phone.

Do what you normaly do, build in PPCkitchen or what ever, rename the file as above.

You can flash the radio or your rom with this method...

If your looking for a cool rom, look at one of the 6.5 roms, you'll never want to go back to 6.0/6.1 again (I would skip right over 6.1)

Edit: All the info you need is here to give you a general idea on how to flash/unlock

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-01-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Need Help: How to update firmware/roms from microsd?

What 6.5 ROM is the best to use? I heard that different ones have issues with bluetooth, Wifi, very small characters making it unreadable etc...

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan