PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

mgholley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Which ROMs/Builds allow Live/Hotmail in device instead of Web Browser

I recently updated from the last Stock OEM Sprint ROM to Build 23016. I've lost Hotmail/Live access from the messaging system. It used to use (I think) HTML access to download the most recent 50 messages and I could read them just like I read email from Exchange. Now its not letting me setup an account and is forcing me to the web.

How can I get back the multiple accounts? Do I need to install the Live cab or is this something more deeply embedded, such as a registry key or or something?

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Which ROMs/Builds allow Live/Hotmail in device instead of Web Browser

Go to http://community.seven.com/main.php and download thier Consumer Edition. You will like using it much better I promise.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mgholley is a n00b
Red face Re: Which ROMs/Builds allow Live/Hotmail in device instead of Web Browser

I took a quick look at the Seven website, but after several pages I still don't quite understand what the program(s) does(do). No screenshots, and only a basic explanation. It seems to be marketed more towards companies and folks looking to replace Exchange functionality. Thanks for the offer of an alternate fix, but I don't think I'm the right kind of user to test.

On the other hand, I figured out how to resolve my issue. Installing the Windows Live for Windows Mobile did the trick. It updated the Messaging system to include the HTML sync and Push technology from Live, so everything is running smoothly now. There were a few other handy apps on the page as well, including Microsoft MyPhone, which also syncs SMS, pics and a few other things from the phone, making backup of critical data (up to 200MB) incredibly easy. And of course Facebook and Netflix apps.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...t/default.mspx

Now that I've found this (and have a better idea how to search the forums for the solution), I'm sure there is probably several pages discussing this issue already. I'll ask the mods to delete this as redundant. If not, I'll ask them to make it a sticky and post the MS link above for the several handy free apps. I bet most of the regulars are already quite familar with the page though.

Last edited by mgholley; 08-07-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Found more info on the Seven site & added info about MyPhone.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Which ROMs/Builds allow Live/Hotmail in device instead of Web Browser

For the Mogul, it's pretty easy to cook up your own rom. Just visit www.ppckitchen.org and install their buildos.

Here is a link to their titan thread here on PPCGeeks.com: "Sticky: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen"

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan