PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   aaple look and browser stretch in out help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7743)

herbster 08-30-2007 02:47 PM

aaple look and browser stretch in out help

Can anyone explain how to install picsel and freestyl programs on their mogul)titan)? I was able to get the files on my mogul but cant open them.

letsgoflyers81 08-30-2007 03:05 PM

Did you download the .cab files for them? If so, all you need to do is copy the cabs to your device or card, then open them. That will install the programs.

herbster 08-30-2007 03:33 PM

I cant get the cab file onto device. It was on an email so I opened email on device and tried to dl cab and it said problem w server. I alos tried on computer(vista os) but dont know what to dl to? Just on my desktop or device and if so the where on device? Very confused.

letsgoflyers81 08-30-2007 03:38 PM

Do you have a card reader on your PC? The easiest thing to do would be to put the card in your PC and it will see it as a removeable drive. You can save it to the card, then put it back in your Mogul and run the cab. If you don't have a card reader, does ActiveSync not work? When synced your Mogul will show up in My Computer and you can copy the cab to the device or card that way.

herbster 08-30-2007 03:42 PM

I dont have a micro sd card reader in my computer.
I am using windows vista so there is no active sync. Vista uses windows mobile device center (wmdc). I dont now how to get it from an email to there? Thanks

herbster 08-30-2007 03:44 PM

btw... the other program freestyl was a zip, it has nine files or programs but none will open on the device. I dont see the cab, does it have one?

As for this picsel, I just cant get the cab to the device.

letsgoflyers81 08-30-2007 03:49 PM

That's right, Vista uses WMDC instead of ActiveSync. But if that's installed and you have the Mogul connected to the PC with a USB cable, it should still sync and you should be able to see the Mogul in My Computer. Does that not work?

herbster 08-30-2007 03:59 PM

It is sync mode now. I dont think vista has my computer like other os. picsel is on the computer but I dont know how to get it to sync portion?

Something wrong with this site, I cant get thread back to you, server must be very busy?

herbster 08-30-2007 04:03 PM

How do i get cab on to the wmdc?
I cant find a way oto get it there. Also is it just the setup I want there? thanks

herbster 08-30-2007 04:34 PM

Can someone tell me how to install on wmdc??/I dont see anywhere to install a program like with active sync. I have been trying to install these two programs for three days now. I have spent ten to twenty hours and just get more confused each day. I read the forums but no notice of wmdc(vista's version of active sync...please help.