PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Lurker

msreesa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to msreesa
Smile Call Tunes for 6800

Does anyone know a website or how I can have my call tunes on my 6800?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hey

Call Tones? What carrier are you with? I was told you can't have call tones on a ppc!! That sucks! I'm with sprint!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
Code:
This is a two-part hack. First, you have to setup the Sprint proxy. Second, you have to make the website think you're running on a supported phone.

1) Setup the proxy. Goto Settings->Connections->Sprint->Proxy Settings. Set the proxy address to 68.28.31.33. Click advanced. Make sure the port for HTTP is 80, and get rid of Socks.

2) Change the User-Agent. Get your favorite registry editor.
Goto: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/5.0/User Agent

Backup what's there currently. (don't skip this). If you're using PHM, you can export the whole key to a file.

Get rid of everything else, and add the following String Values:
Compatible=compatible
Default=Mozilla/4.0
Desc=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
Platform=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
UA-Language=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
Version=MSIE 6.0

Now Sprint thinks you're using a Treo 650!

3) Goto http://vision.sprintpcs.com If it doesn't look right, check all the settings again. You should have 10 links numbered 1,2,...,9,0. The website is very picky, if you have any typos or mistakes in the user-agent it won't work.
worked on my 6700 and now it works on my 6800

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

msreesa is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to msreesa
Im with Sprint and I had on my PPC before because it was on my previous phone also. But now when i go to the Digital lounge it does not have the option. So I was asking if anyone if knew of a website to go to?

Last edited by msreesa; 08-29-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
Code:
This is a two-part hack. First, you have to setup the Sprint proxy. Second, you have to make the website think you're running on a supported phone.

1) Setup the proxy. Goto Settings->Connections->Sprint->Proxy Settings. Set the proxy address to 68.28.31.33. Click advanced. Make sure the port for HTTP is 80, and get rid of Socks.

2) Change the User-Agent. Get your favorite registry editor.
Goto: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/5.0/User Agent

Backup what's there currently. (don't skip this). If you're using PHM, you can export the whole key to a file.

Get rid of everything else, and add the following String Values:
Compatible=compatible
Default=Mozilla/4.0
Desc=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
Platform=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
UA-Language=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
Version=MSIE 6.0

Now Sprint thinks you're using a Treo 650!

3) Goto http://vision.sprintpcs.com If it doesn't look right, check all the settings again. You should have 10 links numbered 1,2,...,9,0. The website is very picky, if you have any typos or mistakes in the user-agent it won't work.
worked on my 6700 and now it works on my 6800

If i do this and say i lose my phone will sprint replace it with a treo as well? or will they still know to replace it with a mogul? i dont want to risk that.
________
Vaporizers

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
sprint will replace it with a 6800, you esn number says your using a 6800. this hack is just make the sprint homepage think your using a treo.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Lurker

jon2249 is a n00b
Sorry noob question.. What are Call Tunes

Are they ring tones or when a caller calls you they hear a song besides the dial tone?

I believe verizon calls it ring back, is that what u are talking about?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
yes

you are correct!!! And that's a lot of work and risk to just get a call tone!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
you are correct!!! And that's a lot of work and risk to just get a call tone!
what risks are you talking about?
yeah it might be some work but if you want call tunes on a pocketpc, thats what your going to have to do.

and for the last time sprint is not going to think you have a treo. the "ESN" of a phone tells sprint, (make, model, and even the color of the phone)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Here's the easy way...Merry Christmas

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...all+Tone+Guide

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan