PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

pauld5999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
Best back up program for 6800 and WM6?

I know this is a little more of a WM apps specific question than 6800 specific but I just wanted to know what backup programs others are using succesfully on their 6800
Old 08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld5999 View Post
I know this is a little more of a WM apps specific question than 6800 specific but I just wanted to know what backup programs others are using succesfully on their 6800
http://www.spritesoftware.com/store/...HMP-Banner-Ad1

this what i use and it works well!! you can do back ups from the phone or pc, do scheduled backups too, even to an ftp.

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
I use SPB Backup and it works great on my 6800. Tried Sprite and it seemed to work OK, but some had a reset loop using it. However, a new version of Sprite has come out since then and might address that issue.

Either way, both SPB and Sprite are great backup apps.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
yeah i use the new version, never had softreset loops. infact i haven't had them since i upgraded to the new rom.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre

CTSLICK is a n00b
Another Sprite Backup user here. The latest version is working great for scheduled backups. I have already used my backups on two seperate occasions after hard resets (note to self...be careful when experimenting with questionable hacks and unproven software )
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tarblueriver is a n00b
i use sunnysoft backup manager for 6700 and 6800 and it works flawless for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b
I used to use Sprite, however; I ended up getting a ton of errors with it on my Mogul for some odd reason so it never worked for me. Top that off with it requiring you to do two soft resets is kind of annoying.

I love spb backup though. It only has to do one soft reset and it's very quick. Has all the same features (minus the desktop (you can copy it to there anyway) and ftp components I believe), looks nicer, and seems to work much better.

Before you purchase, try them out first! It was a pain getting a refund from Handango when I bought Sprite.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
One more for SPB I haven't had any issues.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
I used to use Sprite, however; I ended up getting a ton of errors with it on my Mogul for some odd reason so it never worked for me. Top that off with it requiring you to do two soft resets is kind of annoying.

I love spb backup though. It only has to do one soft reset and it's very quick. Has all the same features (minus the desktop (you can copy it to there anyway) and ftp components I believe), looks nicer, and seems to work much better.

Before you purchase, try them out first! It was a pain getting a refund from Handango when I bought Sprite.
SPB Backup is great... you can choose to backup to the network as well (just share a folder on your desktop and backup directly to it).

I also like the fact that it integrates nicely with the other SPB today apps so I can be sure that scheduled backups are running when they are supposed to.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I use SPB Backup and haven't had any problems. The only thing I don't like about it is that scheduled backups won't run with Slide2Unlock enabled. I've heard some bad things about Sprite regarding crashing and compatibility, so I figured play it safe with SPB.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan