PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Bird11's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Its a POS
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 50
Reputation: 35
Bird11 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

I have a Sprint HTC Mogul 6800. It seems that I miss a ton of calls and my alarm just only sometimes works.

Lerts say I set my alarm for a given time, if I get some other sort of notification lets say a text message before the alarm is due to go off, the alarm just wont go off due to it is pushed back in the stack.

The same thing will happen for phone calls, I will have a low battery notification, just on the way home from work. I will receive a call, I watch the phone as I get the call the screen for the call comes up, then it goes away as that darn notification is warning me and I miss the call.


Its just such a stupid system, is there a way to fix this.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2008, 01:05 AM
dubwize's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 30
Reputation: 0
dubwize is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

bump

Ive been looking for a registry edit or something that can get rid of that annoying 'low battery' warning that keeps popping up getting in the way....
anyone have any leads? or Bird11 were you able to get rid of it?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 AM
madman16420's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 340
Reputation: 145
madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to madman16420
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

don't let it go dead ...... but other then that bump
__________________
madman

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM
dubwize's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 30
Reputation: 0
dubwize is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

hehe

yeh.

i like to drain the battery completely before recharging, i got a spare with me always still.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 PM
madman16420's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 340
Reputation: 145
madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to madman16420
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

ya i do that every now and then but always when i have my plug by me
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 AM
HTCtx01's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2
Carrier: MetroPOS
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 32
Reputation: 5
HTCtx01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird11 View Post
I have a Sprint HTC Mogul 6800. It seems that I miss a ton of calls and my alarm just only sometimes works.

Lerts say I set my alarm for a given time, if I get some other sort of notification lets say a text message before the alarm is due to go off, the alarm just wont go off due to it is pushed back in the stack.

The same thing will happen for phone calls, I will have a low battery notification, just on the way home from work. I will receive a call, I watch the phone as I get the call the screen for the call comes up, then it goes away as that darn notification is warning me and I miss the call.


Its just such a stupid system, is there a way to fix this.

Not sure, but I believe I had similar issues... I'd get no Txt, Voice Mail, Alarm Sound (notification) or "yellow" flash on top right. Also when I get a Text, it'd not give me a pop-up preview... So, I went in to; Setting>Sound & Not.>Notifications (tab), Then edited each "Event" individually. And its workin fine now... Not sure why or how it all went to that mute settings, but its gone now. Only assumption I have is that, just like all Window's, its gets a bit retarded after a while... If you problem persist, do a restore (or Flash w/ new ROM), and that usually takes care of all issues ... Hope it help.
p.s. I do a soft reset every other night… and it helps.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
weedahoe's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Location: GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,250
Reputation: 1593
weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

I used to have crazt notification issues and alarm issues that they would either not go off or at the wrong time or all at the same time. I used MemMaid to go in and delete them all from the que and set my alarms back up and that solved the issue.
__________________
Loving my rooted Droid X
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 AM
cornelious2's Avatar
Blabber mouth
Offline
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Location: Chicago, IL
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,785
Reputation: 4460
cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCtx01 View Post
Not sure, but I believe I had similar issues... I'd get no Txt, Voice Mail, Alarm Sound (notification) or "yellow" flash on top right. Also when I get a Text, it'd not give me a pop-up preview... So, I went in to; Setting>Sound & Not.>Notifications (tab), Then edited each "Event" individually. And its workin fine now... Not sure why or how it all went to that mute settings, but its gone now. Only assumption I have is that, just like all Window's, its gets a bit retarded after a while... If you problem persist, do a restore (or Flash w/ new ROM), and that usually takes care of all issues ... Hope it help.
p.s. I do a soft reset every other night… and it helps.
you only soft reset every other night?! man you don't use your phone enough. I honestly softreset my phone probably at least 6 times a day, but to be fair, I do run alot of memory hog applications.
__________________
If I helped you feel free to buy me a beer https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=H82G7AW4ZWC5Q
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM
HTCtx01's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2
Carrier: MetroPOS
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 32
Reputation: 5
HTCtx01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul 6800 and crazy Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
you only soft reset every other night?! man you don't use your phone enough. I honestly softreset my phone probably at least 6 times a day, but to be fair, I do run alot of memory hog applications.

hehe... yep. but that's after 2nd full restore since I got the phone since Jan... (many install, & reinstall & finally got it to way I want it). plus every time I use the GPS or remember to do so...
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com