PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
N00b

skinsraj28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Way to Stop Mogul from Lighting Up?

The Mogul always awakes from sleep mode whenever my phone's reception switches from EV to roaming to regular, etc.

It's annoying because my first thought when the phone lights up is that I'm about to receive a call or text.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

OmarBadu is a n00b
/signed

i would love to know how to do this if it's possible
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
This is a very strange problem indeed.
I solved it by force roaming in places with Fringe reception areas (I made a shortcut to do this with one click using MortScript).

I've been told this is a WM problem, but I've never seen it on any of my old GSM PPC's. So, I don't know. Anyone with a 6700 have this happen too? Maybe its something to do with how WM treats CDMA networks...

Anyway, one way around it would be to install Slide2Unlock, which is a locking program that mimics the iphone screen-unlock feature. What's great about this is that you have the option to have the screen turn back off again if it is turned on and nothing happens for 5 sec. The program auto-runs when you turn it off using the power key.

Not the most ideal solution, but it works (and looks cool when you wake it up, too!).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan