PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: Sprint

bingcrosby is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
s9's working for me

I'm having good luck with my moto s9's. i use them mostly for music, but have not had any complaints on calls (except when i'm standing in windy areas cause there's no noise cancelation).

I compiled all the various reg hacks for improving sound quality and volume at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7715

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
All my headsets work fine.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 AM
Lurker

czarcastic is a n00b
Plantronics Voyager 510 and old trusty 320 both work fine. They also worked fine on the old ROM. I use the 510 for 80% of my calls on the Mogul.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Im using a Jawbone right now. Work really well, except I had to get a Jabra Eargel so I could hear better. The only major issue is it only has volume control while in a call, so there's no way to turn the volume up or down while listening to music or books through it.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started
I find it interesting that so many people are reporting a consistent problem with nearly all Bluetooth headsets, yet others claim to have no trouble whatsoever. I wonder if those who are reporting success are clear on the fact that the problem is ONLY on the other end of the call.

If you are using the headset, you'll never hear the problem. Your callers will, though. The only way to hear it yourself is to call and leave a message for yourself. I did that with my bluetooth headset and heard the dropouts immediately. They are not complete dropouts, just random drops in volume that cause a loss of intelligibility.

It's certainly possible that some headsets work better than others, but I'm skeptical of many of the reports that I read here.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre

CTSLICK is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
I find it interesting that so many people are reporting a consistent problem with nearly all Bluetooth headsets, yet others claim to have no trouble whatsoever. I wonder if those who are reporting success are clear on the fact that the problem is ONLY on the other end of the call.

If you are using the headset, you'll never hear the problem. Your callers will, though. The only way to hear it yourself is to call and leave a message for yourself. I did that with my bluetooth headset and heard the dropouts immediately. They are not complete dropouts, just random drops in volume that cause a loss of intelligibility.

It's certainly possible that some headsets work better than others, but I'm skeptical of many of the reports that I read here.
I've also read many reports of choppy audio via Bluetooth. I tried my two old headsets, (older Logitech and ioGear) and both had audio problems that were very easy for the person on the other end to pick up. Lots of complaints about garbled or choppy audio...basically unusable. I chose the H700 because several users were reporting decent success rates. Since picking up the H700 I have received very few complaints...mostly about background noise. I had one complaint about the audio "dropping out" but it was a single event on that phone call and very brief. I have caught 3 people saying "what?" so maybe I am still having some issues. But they are minimized to the point where its not really a problem.

Take it for what its worth...just one more opinion in a continuing saga. Even if I did manage to find a headset that works there IS a problem with the Mogul. One should NOT have to search high and low to find a headset that will work with the phone. My previous two phones both worked with any headset I through at them...something IS wrong with the Mogul relative to bluetooth headset performance.
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started
I spent some time listening to the drop-out problem this morning, and I'm pretty sure that it is associated with some sort of noise reduction processing that the phone is doing. If you're speaking steadily, the voice level is fairly constant. But whenever there is a brief pause in your speaking, the phone seems to clamp down on the audio to avoid noise. That would be fine, but the problem is that the phone doesn't recover quickly enough when you continue speaking. The result is that the beginning of each sentence or clause is lost. At least that's the way I'm hearing it.

BTW, there are some Bluetooth registry settings in the Mogul that have been under discussion. I've played with them some, and have found that none of them appear to have any impact on this problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Alanmeyer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Alanmeyer
Bluetooth

Just recieved my ppc6800 and installed pocket player, MS Voice command and SPB pocket plus. My BT stinks. BT shuts off on the phone when it feels like it and in voice command if i activate a command (ex: Call Someone) it will ask for the conformation but not ever here it. I had a ppc6700 and the only issues i had with it was the BT liked to shut off as well at random. This thing as even locked up on me several times and i have had it less that 24 hours. Any sugestions would be helpful.
Alan
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mr_ecktid is a n00b
no problems whatsoever with my jawbone after a couple days use
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

nparrott is a n00b
Jawbone has worked flawlessly. I had read alot of user posts/comments about the bluetooth issue with the mogul. I havent experienced any problems, my calls are always clear I have been told...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan