PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
I was messing with my mms, doing some testing and since upgrading to WM6, my incoming mms messages all go to myaxxess also. Not sure if alltel changed something or if the rom changed something. Going through the registry now and I figure it out I will post.

Jay

Last edited by scottishwarrior; 09-13-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
just a guess, but the profile in arcsoft mms is set to the 67k2 or 672k xml file or something like that. maybe if we 'trick' the mms server that we are using a 6800, now that its out, and set that as our profile if that will help authenticat it. sory im in a hurry right now. ill try and be more specific later. hope this is ok that im in the titan forum.
The exact profile on my 6700 is http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/Artemis-1.0.xml I tried to replace the Artemis-1.0.xml with 672k.xml and it did not work, so I need the exact link so we can try that. That xml file has a lot of MMS settings in it. Let me know what you find out.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
The User-Agent on my 6700 is utstar67kv1 Is that what you were talking about?

Maybe we should change this to utstar68kv1, or utstar67kv2. Shadow, did you see utstar67kv2 ???
Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I just had Multimedia Messaging added to my Smart Choice Plan. He said it will be unlimited, and does not cost any extra. I will update to see if I can get any further now with getting this working.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
I spoke with the Alltel data tech. reps. and they told me that the 6700's hardware does not support MMS. Later that day, I called a different set of people at Alltel and they told me that I can run my own MMS server and send/recv. that way. Other reps. told me countless times that even though I'm running Windows Mobile 6, my 6700 will never do "true" MMS, and that I should upgrade to the 6800. Using the following configuration, I'm able to get pictures (very small size) directly to the handset, and video is sent to axcessmypics.com. I cannot send any type of MMS, however.

Server name: default
Gateway: <blank>
Port: 80
Server address: http://mms.alltel.net
Connect via: Alltel Wireless
Sending size: 350K
WAP: WAP 2.0

Matching the 6800's configuration at my local Alltel store was difficult because it was running Windows Mobile 5! Ouch...

Still waiting for someone to figure it out.
Do you have to be connected to the internet? Or will they come through online or not...???
Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok. Don't know if anybody has ever tried this or not, but I been testing different settings, and I happen to load up the Sprint MMS settings as the default on my MMS Composer. I had somebody send me a picture message, and I still got the real small image that I was getting with some of Alltel settings. So does that mean that the problem is not with the server settings, and maybe something in the registry?? Cause my MMS program was told to connect to sprint, and the message was still received on my phone. And it was Alltel to Alltel. Let me know. I think we've just have to either get the new MMS program that is on the 6800, or mess with the registry. Cause I have already seen that it has nothing to do with server settings. Maybe that little pic is actually sent over the text message, and the phone is supposed to connect to the server, and download a bigger copy to replace it with. Cause the pic is very small, and is black & white. So it's not that big in size at all.

Conclusion, it has nothing to do with the the server settings. That small b&w pic is clearly sent over the text message. It has to be registry setting, or just out dated program.

Let me know what you think...
Old 09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

GREGHARKINS is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GREGHARKINS Send a message via Yahoo to GREGHARKINS
I jsut talked to tech support and they was able to duplicate the issue on there test phone at Alltel.

We was able to send from 6800 to another non 6800 phone all fine.
6800 to 6800 wouldnt work, theirs is factory and mine is wm6 updated.
any phone to 6800 wont work either.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGHARKINS View Post
I jsut talked to tech support and they was able to duplicate the issue on there test phone at Alltel.

We was able to send from 6800 to another non 6800 phone all fine.
6800 to 6800 wouldnt work, theirs is factory and mine is wm6 updated.
any phone to 6800 wont work either.
What is the Registry Settings under the following key's:

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\UI\Domain = ??

Everything under:

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader\

There may not be a Arcsoft MMS UA on the 6800, but I hope it's close enough to find the settings I need.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Titan (PPC-6800) & Apache (PPC-6700)

hecatomb is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
What is the Registry Settings under the following key's:

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\UI\Domain = ??

Everything under:

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader\

There may not be a Arcsoft MMS UA on the 6800, but I hope it's close enough to find the settings I need.
Lennysh, check your PM's, I sent you the info from my phone... Only reason I didn't post it here is I don't know if my md5 hash is unique, and not sure if I want that public... if someone can tell me it's not a issue, I'll post the info here...

Last edited by hecatomb; 09-13-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatomb View Post
Lennysh, check your PM's, I sent you the info from my phone... Only reason I didn't post it here is I don't know if my md5 hash is unique, and not sure if I want that public... if someone can tell me it's not a issue, I'll post the info here...
Right after you sent this, I found a registry export of all of the Arcsoft Registry settings. I ended up making a lot of changes to my registry on my 6700... Let me know if anybody want's that file to examine, and I'll post the link. That hmac was the same in this file as well hecatomb...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan