PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
could you tell me/us the server settings on alltels mms maybey that could help us 6700 users get our mms working
Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
jck
Lurker

jck is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar120 View Post
could you tell me/us the server settings on alltels mms maybey that could help us 6700 users get our mms working
I can post them later today... i have tried and tried to get my 700wx to work and nothing... at one point i was able to receive without a hitch but never able to send. I used the sprint hack from this site and entered in the alltel server info and matched the registry's from the 6800 to the 700wx and nothing????
Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
I'm currently out of town, but i've been working on getting my 6700 set up with the mms also. Here is a screen shot of the server configuration. When I get it working on mine I'll post the correct settings and any registry changes I have made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (13.3 KB, 115 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
I spoke with the Alltel data tech. reps. and they told me that the 6700's hardware does not support MMS. Later that day, I called a different set of people at Alltel and they told me that I can run my own MMS server and send/recv. that way. Other reps. told me countless times that even though I'm running Windows Mobile 6, my 6700 will never do "true" MMS, and that I should upgrade to the 6800. Using the following configuration, I'm able to get pictures (very small size) directly to the handset, and video is sent to axcessmypics.com. I cannot send any type of MMS, however.

Server name: default
Gateway: <blank>
Port: 80
Server address: http://mms.alltel.net
Connect via: Alltel Wireless
Sending size: 350K
WAP: WAP 2.0

Matching the 6800's configuration at my local Alltel store was difficult because it was running Windows Mobile 5! Ouch...

Still waiting for someone to figure it out.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
scottishwarrior do you have axess or whatever alltel calls there picture service? did you let the extended rom customize run when you got your phone. I was under the impression the stock rom came with mms support. are you using a arcsoft mms or a 3rd party mms app that you installed? do you think that you phones esn has to be authenticated guys? and like somehow match up with a database on alltels mms server? ive been at this for a long time with no luck. i have alltel and am willing to help to get this to work.

I dont think it is a hardware issue. that sounds like a line of bs. im pretty sure all the mms stuff runs ontop the WM5 rom. I just dont know if there is something alltel has to do on THEIR END to get this to work. just a guess, but the profile in arcsoft mms is set to the 67k2 or 672k xml file or something like that. maybe if we 'trick' the mms server that we are using a 6800, now that its out, and set that as our profile if that will help authenticat it. sory im in a hurry right now. ill try and be more specific later. hope this is ok that im in the titan forum.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Richard Ward is a n00b
If our Alltel store had a 6800 running WM6, I'd totally sit there and video tape everything on the phone to review its settings and version numbers and compare it to my WM6 6700. Alltel is known not to put a lot of "crap" on their stock ROM's, so I assume that the WM6 6800 will be very basic and true to the stock HTC stuff.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Shadow the mms software is built in not one of the downloads. I did not sign up for axxess, but when I was at alltel this weekend working on another issue I noticed that I was setup for axxess messaging at $0 a month on the account on the rep's screen. Now that may be something for those of you with 6700's to look into.

Jay
Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Richard Ward is a n00b
Axcess Messaging? Is this different from our Smart Choice plans that include unlimited text messaging? I don't use Axcess (their .exe didn't load on WM5 and I haven't tried on WM6). I wonder what the deal is...

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Richard,
Yes it showed up on a different line than the smart choice messaging. This was on the reps screen. Axxess was directly above the smart choice. What you might do is go into and ask them to enable this because it is available on the 6800. That's what I did when I got my 6800. If they tell you the smart devices don't do it tell the rep to look at the 6800 description.

Jay
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Richard Ward is a n00b
I had Alltel enable MMS on my smartphone line. Previous, only the text messaging code was on there from what he told me. After enabling it there are no changes. I still see the small one inch square of the Picture MMS photo and all Video MMS goes to axcessmypics.com... Sigh...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan