PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Titan
Carrier: Sprint

lilk1d777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lilk1d777
Random phone wake ups

hey not sure if this happens for everyone else but. my phone has always at random times woken up and is quite annoying at times. if my screen is off every now and then it will come back on with backlight even though i dont do anything. this has happend during any rom build

also i often turn the screen back on to find the phone in the messaging either e-mail/txt msging screens when i had turned it off on the normal today screen. this has been since using wm6.5

anyone have some answers/fixes?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Random phone wake ups

Mine does it every now and then. I found out that it is because I have a Sprint Airave in my house. Apparently if it switches between the cell tower and my airave, it will "wake up", ie, the screen will come on.
Even if YOU don't have an Airave, someone near you might and you are connecting and disconnecting to it.
Try dialing *99. If you are near an Airave, you'll get a recorded message that says "you are now within Airave coverage".
By default, all airaves are set to work with any sprint phone, so if a neighbor has one, you could be connecting to it.

David
Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Random phone wake ups

Must be something in the latest builds. Mine does the same thing and the power button doesn't completely turn the device off. Push any hard button and the device wakes up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan