PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

themomonga is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Slightly Changes Color on Press.

My Mogul screen (the entire screen) slightly changes color on tapping it with the stylus or my finger, or whatever. It is most noticeable with white backgrounds, it turns slightly yellow. Maybe I'm just picky. I've never noticed this on any other PPC or PDA I've owned. Anyone else's doing this? Maybe it's normal...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by themomonga View Post
My Mogul screen (the entire screen) slightly changes color on tapping it with the stylus or my finger, or whatever. It is most noticeable with white backgrounds, it turns slightly yellow. Maybe I'm just picky. I've never noticed this on any other PPC or PDA I've owned. Anyone else's doing this? Maybe it's normal...
yah, its weird. I've noticed it too. BTW, you don't need to even tap the screen... any hardware button does it too, most noticeably the scroll wheel. Some say the new alltel roms don't do it on the same hardware, but I haven't thoroughly tested that theory yet.

It doesn't bother me so much to begin with.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Ohhh do i have a answer for that! My first Mogul did not do it. My GF Mogul does not do it. Im on my 5th mogul due to factory defects but now since i have received replacement that are manufactured at a later date my screen does the same color changing problem. What happen was HTC for some strange reason decided to use a different screen. All Mogul mad prior June dont have this issue. So if you have a May mogul you have the top quality screen. The top quality screen is more solid and harder feeling. The new one is more softer and changes to weird colors when you tap it or used the buttons. And also not as bright and not as white in color.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah I can't stand the screen on the Mogul... its one of the things that's making me want to fight with retention for a different device altogether.

I always turn my backlight on my phones down to the second to lowest brightness... but on my Mogul, it makes the screen yellow!

Grrr... It hurts my eyes browsing the web with the scroll wheel because each scroll makes it discolor.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:22 AM
o_O
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom NZ

o_O is a n00b
I had a similar problem on my Titan - The screen would change between a faint red tint and a faint blue tint on screen presses or jog wheel clicks. A bit of research and I found a thread somewhere where somebody was told by HTC that the cause was a weak LCD. That was on WM5, but the funny thing is that since upgrading just the OS to the Alltel ROM, I haven't seen it once.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have the same problem on my Mogul. I've tried Colonel's Hybrid ROM...still happens...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
I clearly understand the frustration. I hate the color change and manage to get Swprint to replace my device 3 times to screen problems. But im still stuck with a dimmer and color changing screen My GF mogul was manufacture in May 3rd and hers is rock solid white bright with absolutely no color change. And the screen feels more harder than all the moguls I have been given. Hey... im with sprint, will the alltell rom hurt my device is I install it to see if my issue is gone? can I revert to my sprint rom if it fails?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've tried the Alltel ROM too....it still happens...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Yes.. im sure its not a software issue. Its the screen that they switched too that's the problem. I wish I could show you all my GF mogul. Its like night and day.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0
It won't hurt to install the Alltel ROM on your device. I have a later version of the Sprint Mogul, and I noticed this problem when I first got the device. Upon installing the Alltel ROM, it's gone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan