PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 PM
N00b

acfava is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to acfava
sprint mogul on verizon network?

as many people know, us verizon customers are desperate for a new legit pda phone. has anyone tried getting a mogul to work on the vzw network? a month or so ago a guy on howard forums posted a way to do it, but the post was deleted by the admins and i'm not even sure if it would have worked. message me privately if you know and dont want to post any info. thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Sprint and Verizon don't like to allow each other's phones to work on their network. The ESN would probably have to be changed to a verizon one somehow. Verizon will be coming out with their 6800 though.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
It would be easier to get an Alltel PPC-6800 to work on vzw. We will be getting our XV6800 sometime and I'll post as soon as we do. As a side note the Samsung i760 just got posted to the approved device list for vzw so it should only be a couple of weeks before it becomes availiable...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

acfava is a n00b
yea i dont think anything is coming before october. so i dont mind taking a chance and getting this to work.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
last i saw the xv6800 is coming in november. but it looks almost nothing like the mogul, i honestly think it looks like crap.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
last i saw the xv6800 is coming in november. but it looks almost nothing like the mogul, i honestly think it looks like crap.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by acfava
yea i dont think anything is coming before october. so i dont mind taking a chance and getting this to work.
Alltel's will work with no problem as far as the esn is concerned, easier than getting a sprint phone activated...
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

acfava is a n00b
this guy named kiyoki posted this on howardforums. anyone knowledgeable think this will work?

If you have waited and waited and dont want to wait any longer, here's your solution to get your 6800 from sprint on your verizon plan.

Use the GETSPC program from ppcgeeks.com to get your MSL so you can program your phone.

download the newest verizon prl and go into **778* to upload the prl into your phone and while in there change your Home SID/NID to 22 / 65535 so that you can pick up verizon's towers instead of sprints. Then go a find QPST 2.7 build 263 (do a google search and you will definitely find it) and install to use Service Programming to change your SPC (MSL) to 000000 -- that is six zero!

Once you have the prl loaded and changed the SID/NID then call in verizon or activate it on the web and then dial *228 to program the phone so you can use the service on it. Then there you have your voice and "should" be able to use 1x data as well if not, then go into **778* and change your Security and M.IP Default Profile settings to the correct usernames ( i believe verizon uses ##########@vzw3g.com )

Next step to get evdo data working, go google about 6700 ESN changing and read up on how to change ESN. Then use QPST to change the 6700 ESN to the 6800. Once you have changed it, soft reset and dial *228 on the 6700 to go through the activation process. Once that is done, go into **778 and go to the Security tab and use the phone CTL + C to copy the passwords onto a word file. Do the same for the M.IP Default Profile, HA Shared Secret and AAA Shared Secret. Once you have all that copied onto a word document, bluetooth it over to the 6800 and paste it into the **778* respective settings. Also, change the other settings on the 6800 to the same as 6700, for example the Primary and secondary HA settings, MN HA & AAA SPI values. To be safe is to make the settings exact as the 6700 and you will be able to have data on your 6800 from sprint on your verizon plan.

Currently I am using a Sprint Mogul on my (shutting down tomorrow) AMP'D service, AMP'D settings are pretty much the same as verizon only difference is that we use ##########@ampd.vzw3g.com instead.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Do yourself a favor. Dont wait for it. it looks terrible. And I am not joking.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

acfava is a n00b
i think the sprint mogul looks better. and if i can get everything to work (voice and evdo data) then i'll be all set for another year or so

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan