PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

pauld5999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
Left handed GUI app?

any app or setting to make the mogul more left handed friendly? I had an app for Palm OS that helped a little. In landscape mode it is tough to use IE or Opera especially.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kcgent4u is just getting started
+1. Any way to move the vertical scroll bar from the right side to the left? I'd be happy with that.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Re: Left handed GUI app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld5999
any app or setting to make the mogul more left handed friendly? I had an app for Palm OS that helped a little. In landscape mode it is tough to use IE or Opera especially.
I was looking at your question, hardware related, so my response probably wont answer your question but here I was thinking it already was left handed friendly. I've based this on the fact that once in landscape mode, the hard buttons are now on the left as opposed to the 6700 on the right.

Because of this, I dont use the hard buttons because I'm right handed and find it awkward.

My other awkwardness comes when sitting in my car, Mogul on charger / landscape, the charger cord itself is being stretched because it needs to accommodate being on the left.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

pauld5999 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
I understand what you mean, the hardware is more lefty friendly I feel, but the software, especially internet apps are just plain hard to use if you want touse the scroll bar
Old 08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
I've been looking for this since I first bought my 6700. Not many apps are left hand friendly. SBSH has a Today app that you can put the scroll bars on the left (only works for that one app), but not many other apps have that as an option.

I suppose that as with most things in life, us left handed people will have to use our superior brilliance to figure out an alternate solution.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, myTouch
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

msiegle is a n00b
I am also left handed, and really wish Microsoft would add some left handed features, such as moving the scroll bar to the left side. They does this on some of the Table PC applications, but I have a feeling they are trying to keep the ROM size down so things like this get left out.

Yet even being left handed, when it comes to using a pointing device, I prefer it on the right side. I really have no clue why they changed the way the slider opens on the newer PocketPC devices with the pointing device on the left side. The T-Mobile Wing also slides out in the same way the Mogul does and all my right handed friends hate having to try to point with the left side.

I have at least found that when in landscape mode I can use the jog dial which is then on the top right hand side to scroll through web pages, so that at least makes it somewhat bearable, but I wish the OK button next to the job dial could have more of a dynamic definition to it's function. If you were in IE, for example, it would act as a Back button instead of an OK button.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by msiegle
I have at least found that when in landscape mode I can use the jog dial which is then on the top right hand side to scroll through web pages, so that at least makes it somewhat bearable, but I wish the OK button next to the job dial could have more of a dynamic definition to it's function. If you were in IE, for example, it would act as a Back button instead of an OK button.
I think this is my one major blessing; the scroll wheel. I use it a lot; especially when web browsing. Its like the difference between night and day!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan