PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New 6800 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7591)

DopeWeasel 08-25-2007 04:26 PM

New 6800

Just got my new 6800 last week and so far I am actually quite happy with it. It's not yet anywhere near as customizable as the 6700 is, but that will come in time. I still plan to work on custom ROMs and OEMs for my 6700 in my spare time (what little I have now).

I honestly miss the sounds from the 3.5 aku for things like opening the start menu and the click to open a program (not screen taps, they suck).

I'm also miffed about the lack of WM5torage support and the MS Voice Command bugs.

Form factor is great and I love the blackberry style scroll wheel, but the first thing I thought was "wow, this thing feels cheap!"

I also miss having a cradle like the one that came with my xv6700... if anyone knows where to get one (not the ebay joke), I'd love to buy it.

mad_vtak 08-25-2007 04:58 PM

seidioonline dot com

I would post the link but i haven't posted anything yet.

Checking out that site.

They have cradles and other things for the 6800

DopeWeasel 08-25-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad_vtak
seidioonline dot com

I would post the link but i haven't posted anything yet.

Checking out that site.

They have cradles and other things for the 6800

Thanks... I actually did see that, but honestly don't you think that $30-40 is a bit much for a simple piece of plastic with a USB connector?

eb3604 08-25-2007 06:55 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dual-USB-Bat...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-For-Sprint-P...QQcmdZViewItem

don't own either, but look good. i think someone on here or pdaphonehome ordered one and said its good

shellguy 08-26-2007 06:28 AM

One nice thing about Alltel ones is that they come with the cradle..

Will

jtrag 08-26-2007 07:13 AM

The Mogul needs to come with more RAM. I could care less about anything else. It's pathetic that they put the same amount of RAM into the 6800 as they had in the 6700 when this device is running WM6 which appears to be a RAM hog. I guess that's because they originally planned to release the Mogul with WM5 but still... I think they should do a factory recall and exchange them for 128 MB RAM models.

fablife 08-26-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrageser
The Mogul needs to come with more RAM. I could care less about anything else. It's pathetic that they put the same amount of RAM into the 6800 as they had in the 6700 when this device is running WM6 which appears to be a RAM hog. I guess that's because they originally planned to release the Mogul with WM5 but still... I think they should do a factory recall and exchange them for 128 MB RAM models.

Everyone has their opinion - but do you think HTC is going to "factory recall" hundreds of thousands of units which have nothing inherently wrong with them to provide a RAM upgrade?

I would love that - but its just not good business sense. They would be better of just ensuring the "6900" has a ram upgrade.

bubbatex 08-26-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

No offense intended here and I apologize to the entire forum for saying this - but this is a T-I-R-E-D subject. Might as well also throw in the battery too. I mean no one likes the battery life. Why would HTC ship such a device that can't do 3 hours of calls, push email, IE, Excel, Word, YouTube, and MP3 playback while on BT and WiFi all day long? That statement is like saying Ford should recall all of their cars because you don't get the gas mileage they listed on the sticker. I think folks should learn to live with it as it is or go to ATT when the Kaiser comes out.

fablife 08-26-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbatex
Quote:

No offense intended here and I apologize to the entire forum for saying this - but this is a T-I-R-E-D subject. Might as well also throw in the battery too. I mean no one likes the battery life. Why would HTC ship such a device that can't do 3 hours of calls, push email, IE, Excel, Word, YouTube, and MP3 playback while on BT and WiFi all day long? That statement is like saying Ford should recall all of their cars because you don't get the gas mileage they listed on the sticker. I think folks should learn to live with it as it is or go to ATT when the Kaiser comes out.

AMEN!