PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: asdfsdf

bitt3n is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
using wmwifirouter with os x

I'm trying to use wmwifirouter with os x, and wmwifirouter itself seems to work (says 'connected'), but I am having problems connecting to it from the mac. I see the wmwifirouter listed under "Devices" in the networking menu (rather than as a network). When I connect to the wmwifirouter as a device, I have no connection.

A message in network preferences indicates that "Airport is using a self-assigned IP address and may not have access to the internet" when I connect to wmwifirouter, whereas when I connect to my regular router, this message says "Airport is connected to routername and has the IP address 192.168.2.3."

I am using the most recent version of wmwifirouter since yesterday, with all settings at default. Is there some way to get wmwifi to work as a regular network?

Last edited by bitt3n; 08-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verzion

carbonatd is a n00b
Re: using wmwifirouter with os x

Hi. Any luck with this? I recently obtained a WM6 samsung i760 on verizon's network. I can tether via bluetooth just fine using an app called BTModem. I do pay $15 a month for the tethering service. Works great, but as a greedy man, I need to break through this BlueTooth Bandwidth Barrier (repeat 5 times fast, and you'll get an idea as to where i come from). Plus, I'd also love to share my phone's connection to my other mac laptops.

I report the same thing. My MacBook Pro running 10.5.5 connects the Ad-hoc network created by my phone. I receive IPv6 information, and everything appears to be correct. Using DHCP I get a self-assigned IP address. I have tried messing with static IP's, but with no success. DHCP is enable in WMWIFIrouter by default, but there may be some question as to IP range. I also disabled WINs. I'm going to try reseting it to the default settings and trying again. Keep you posted
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: asdfsdf
Threadstarter

bitt3n is a n00b

nah, never got it working. definitely post if you figure it out. I asked those guys about the problem and this is what they said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have Mac's around here we can use to test this
out for you. Only very few of our customers are using Mac's and we have
so far not had a report like this.

I would suggest you wait a (short) while until our new version (1.20) is
released, which uses a completely new and more reliable core, and try
again then.

Regards,
The WMWifiRouter Team
Old 10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bedub is just getting started

works fine for me on my MBP C2D running 10.5.5... I even was able to share my connection to my wife's MB, everything ran fine... WEP and all...

What version of wmwifirouter are you running? I believe I have 1.2... the only thing I have to do sometimes is turn airport off/on and then I might have to click on the ad-hoc connection "wmwifirouter" a few times as well.

I cannot thing of a single thing I changed in wmwifirouter (didn't know what to change because the documentation isn't out for 1.2 yet!), but I did switch the connection from PAM to Sprint PCS.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verzion

carbonatd is a n00b

Well, I found out what my problem was. My WM6 Samsung i760 did not come preloaded with ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). This, from what I've read, is vital to WMWIFIRouter's operation. Here's a link to the ICS cab download on another forum. You have to register, but no big surprises there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=644

Anyway, I installed it, did a soft reset, then I reinstalled WMWIFIRouter, and everything worked. Both of my Macs are now receiving proper IP's. I made this post using it.

While I found numerous solutions which involved Registry editing, this solution works without messing around. The link above is a version of ICS is for WM5 (at least that was the message I got before I hit ok and installed it) but it works just fine. Hope this fixes it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro
Carrier: sprint

devinf is a n00b

Hey guys this is not working for me in OSX!

I have bootcamp installed and it works great in XP but when I Switch to osx it just doesnt work!!

Help please!

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

I connect using WiFi without an issue. Basically, make your phone a wifi hot spot instead of trying the bluetooth connection.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan