PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   vx6800 To Cricket, Help please. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7570)

cellkeeper 08-24-2007 03:11 PM

vx6800 To Cricket, Help please.

Okive been at this for a while but i need some help please if all of you would be so kind. I got the Sprint VX6800 which im hearing was a bad pick if im going to mod it to cricket, however im sure it can be done.
This is what i have done so far.
I have Gotten the SPC
Loaded the Cricket PRL
OTA Fails, Dont see how to Zero out the SPC/MSL
Can make and recive Calls.
Tried Setting up WAP and so far its a no go, The settings keep going back to Sprint,
Phone was soft reset at start up so the Sprint stuff would not load.

How would i go about making the other things to work.
Would the AUK Cricket File work on the VX6800 even tho it says it for a VX6700

Also if and when other companys come out with there VX6800 is it possible to flash it over to there ROM and set everything to cricket from there?

Thank you very much all.

luv2chill 08-24-2007 05:40 PM

Try going to Start->Settings->Connections tab->Connections icon->Advanced tab->Select networks button.

In the first dropdown box, look and see what you've got in there... you want to delete everything but "My ISP" and "My Work Network". So choose the Sprint one(s) from the list, click the Edit button, go to the General tab and click the "Delete Settings" button.

Once you have done that then the only things in the list should be "My ISP" and "My Work Network". Then, click the "New" button and give it a name. In the Modem tab click new and add the proper #777 dial string, along with the correct user name (10digitphonenumber@mycricket.com I think?) and password (cricket). Then on the proxy settings tab add the correct info there.

See if that works any better.

Also keep in mind I think some areas of cricket's service have done away with the proxy server, so maybe try without it.

I don't have cricket, so I don't know if that will work or not, but worth a shot.

You won't be able to zero out the MSL on the 6800 as we do not have access to the nvm on this device. So OTA programming will not be possible.

cellkeeper 08-24-2007 05:53 PM

ok

I will try that again, however i rembere reading a post about how to set that up however, everytime i delete the sprint stuff when i go back to double check my settings its back again, even tho i deleted and i hit the ok botton on it, I will see what i can do with that info and try it with out proxy.

Its like a Virus i cant get rid of the Sprint stuff lol

Q: is it possible to flash it over to VWL when they get there VX6800

Edit/ Update
*Ok i see what you are saying im sorry i miss read that, going to try that out now*

cellkeeper 08-24-2007 06:24 PM

OK did as you said, and this is all i get

Date Provisioning Failure

Error Code: 1012

Could not prepare Vision services. Please try again later. If the problem persist, you may need to contact Sprint.

lol -.- Somehow my GSM know how is failing me on this CDMA PDA

cellkeeper 08-24-2007 09:20 PM

Update

Ok i installed a RegEditer on the VX6800 and i starting looking around and i noticed something on there, that the Cellular Line Reg has a DefaultGatway of 10.6.187.195 DNS 172.28.20.175 IP: 10.6.187.195
This was under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

could this be why i cant get on WAP and MMS? and if so how do i go about editing around that, been playing around with this for a while and im kind of hit a road block on this part. Is that even something i should even be messing with.

luv2chill 08-25-2007 12:00 AM

Heh, I forgot about CM Guardian (it's an app whose sole purpose it is to keep Sprint's connection settings in there... it restores them if you delete or change them).

So here's what you do: Go to File Explorer, naviagate to \Windows\Startup and delete cm guardian from inside there. Then do a soft reset and follow the instructions in my previous post again. See where that gets you.

cellkeeper 08-25-2007 12:27 AM

Ok i have done that so far, im still thinking something is holding this baby back... mmmm sprint things are gone now however now when it dails out with in 1sec it comes back saying it could not connect, i did notice in the EPST that under the m.ip theres a password thats like all 384u3oad random things should i delte that and put cricket in there or make it blank? cause i did change it to simple ip and not mobile like the other things i read up on said too. and change some other settings to number @ mycricket.com

luv2chill 08-25-2007 01:23 AM

check out the cricket forum on hofo and/or PM amoamare to see if he can help you. I've never used cricket so I'm out of ideas here.

cellkeeper 08-25-2007 02:48 PM

Alright i will, he must be very busy person or xD dose not want to talk to me lol oh well, ive been thinking about what you said and i think i should try to find someone that has it and try it out but i dont know i spent until like 3am working on it lol -.- so sleepy

cellkeeper 08-25-2007 08:03 PM

Ok last question, i think i know what to do now however i ask this to you all, Should i let the VX6800 Load all the Sprint stuff or should i soft reset it when the phone starts up and not let it load all the sprint stuff.

Thank you very much