PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Lurker

omoks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul and ActiveStink issues/WMDC

Anyone noticing that they have to do numerous tries before getting ActiveStink or WMDC to connect to their Mogul. I am using Win Vista 64 Ulti and I have to unplug and plug my USB to the Mogul multiple times before it can sync. Sometimes I even have to restart Vista.
Now when I disable the advanced connectivity option on the Mogul it always connects but is just too slow .
Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Connects first try everytime. As crazy as this may sound, it is possible that your USB slot doesnt have enough power output to reconize the phone. I know alot of laptop's are like there, where they will have 1-2 high output usb slots (usually in the back), and then 2-4 low power slots for things like your mouse which do not require the "more expensive" USB slot.

Can you try a different USB slot?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap
Connects first try everytime. As crazy as this may sound, it is possible that your USB slot doesnt have enough power output to reconize the phone. I know alot of laptop's are like there, where they will have 1-2 high output usb slots (usually in the back), and then 2-4 low power slots for things like your mouse which do not require the "more expensive" USB slot.

Can you try a different USB slot?
Bingo

I too was going crazy because AS was working some of the time, but not all. USB power is exactly the issue. Don't forget that the USB port is also being used to trickle charge the 6800. For example, I have USB ports on the side of my LCD monitor, which in turn is connected to my PC. When I plug my 6800 into one those monitor USB ports, AS doesn't work 90% of the time. As soon as I plug my 6800 into one of the USB ports on the front of my PC (which comes straight off of the motherboard), works like a champ.

All USB ports are NOT the same... I've seen issues where a device won't work on a front panel USB port, yet plug it into one of the back ones and it works.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

omoks is a n00b
Wow! Thanks for the help. I was using my monitors powered USB port. I plugged it staight to the Mobo USB and it connected on first go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan