PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Lurker

ksalper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone not charging, red light?

A couple of days ago, my phone locked up oddly. At the time I noticed this, the battery said it was at 30%. I did a soft reset, and it came back claiming it had 0%. It shut itself off pretty quickly after that.

I had a feeling in the day or two after this that the battery indicator was being strangely over-optimistic -- I spent something like four straight hours at 100%, which is unheard of for me -- but it did start to go down after that, so I thought it was fine.

Well, last night, my phone told me it was at 70%. I turned it off for the night, and I briefly saw the battery indicator change to 0% right before it turned off. This morning, when I try to plug it in to charge, I get nothing at all, except that the top right LED lights up solid red when I try to charge it. I've tried via both the power supply and via USB, and even without the battery inserted at all.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ksalper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update: I had to leave it plugged in longer

A couple of minutes after I posted this, the light went out completely, which scared the hell out of me; a little while after that, it turned yellow and I was able to get it working again. Whew. I'd delete this post (not sure if I can), but in retrospect, it's probably better to leave it up so the next person this happens to can find it:

If your battery goes dead, and your phone lights up red when you plug it in, don't panic -- leave it plugged in a little longer -- mine may have been in for ten minutes before it worked -- and soon enough, it should be charged enough to work again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan