PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
why is the mogul so darn slow?

i bought my wife a mogul, unlocked it, updated the radio and installed a custom 6.5 rom, a clean one. i even went with just htc home basic plugin for her. the thing is too slow and memory is at 67% with really nothing running. is this normal?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: why is the mogul so darn slow?

That's close to standard on the Mogul. I gave my sister mine because there is so little ram that you can hardly do anything with the phone without it using it all.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Since "Slow" is a relative term, I'm not really sure. Mine certainly runs smooth. If I have two or three programs open, it starts to bog down. But I can certainly run programs at a speed that's convenient for me.

But we do have a slower processor and less RAM than many other phones on the market, especially the Touch Pro. So comparatively, we are on a slower device.

But I can open up the Outlook program in about 1 second (just tested). Opera Mini took about 7 seconds. Google Maps took 5 seconds.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Does your 6.5 ROM have nuekernel? Try operating in High Memory mode (camera disabled). There should be quite an improvement.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you want the camera on all the time then you need 6.1 since 6.5 is a memory hog. I would use dcd 3.3.4 or 4.1.2
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yeah i flashed a stock 6.1 rom and updated the radio to 3.42.50 and did some customizing, it does run faster now. i knew 6.5 was bogging it down.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

You also might try installing whatever you can to the SD card, so as to not clutter up the on board memory

Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
You also might try installing whatever you can to the SD card, so as to not clutter up the on board memory
That's not necessarily a good idea. The SD card has slower read/write speeds, so it'll actually slow everything down. Plus, data storage memory is very different than available RAM. Your suggestion will actually provide the opposite result.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine is pretty fast. I have Google Maps on the SD card, and it takes 4 seconds to open
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the mogul is slow. it wasnt designed to be the quickest phone. if they intended it to be, they failed miserably. but to answer your question, the slowness comes from 1 thing- lack of RAM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan