PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Green Phone Button Stopped Working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75415)

jminor 07-20-2009 02:41 PM

Green Phone Button Stopped Working

is there a Registry key(s) to view to check or make this button access the Phone or the functions of Dial? It stopped working on my last upgrade to 6.5, and I thought it was a problems with the new OS. I have now reverted back to 6.1 and it still doesn't work. I can't answer the phone with this hard button and I cannot bring up the dialer either. I have made the green phone button another button using HButton, and I made the green button access the Calculator using AEButton Plus. The calculator does not come up when the button is pushed, but I can make the phone come up, but not dial. This may be related to a problem when I do Phone Code Data ##3282#. The phone goes to EPST then quickly goes to the dialer so I can't do any troubleshooting. I posted this to xda too. Help Please

MatthewTennison 07-20-2009 05:03 PM

Re: Green Phone Button Stopped Working

My Green button stopped working as well. Anyone have insight on this?? I'm using BBS's 6.5 ROM, but had the same issue with MattSM's 6.5 ROM...

drewcam888 07-21-2009 08:27 AM

Go back to stock and maybe even a 6.0 stock rom. then see what happens.

sHockz 07-21-2009 12:15 PM

Your hard buttons are corrupting. Go to sprint, get a new mogul. This will save you the time and trouble of dinking with reg fixes/cab files that only temporarily work.

jminor 07-22-2009 10:29 AM

what does it mean "Your hard buttons are corrupting." My phone is two years old so there is no Sprint replacement. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or a software issue??

shaggylive 07-22-2009 10:38 AM

it would help if you specified your carrier and branding of phone, but it could be either or both hardware/software. flashing the rom that shipped with that phone can sometimes shake loose cobwebs, and as always an extra hard-reset after flash/customizations.

if you don't have a replacement option, you could try aebutton to use the left softkey or win button for 'green button'

jminor 07-22-2009 12:47 PM

this is a Titan 6800 using Sprint. I tried the AEButton to no avail. I went from 6.1 and am back to 6.5. I also have done a hard reset. Is there a possibility a registry cure?

drewcam888 07-22-2009 12:49 PM

Did you go back to a stock sprint rom.

jminor 07-22-2009 09:41 PM

No I have not. Do you really think that is a possibility?

drewcam888 07-23-2009 08:54 AM

Yes I always go back to stock to make sure the custom rom or cabs didnt cause the problem.