PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Alltel

quadracer06 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to quadracer06
Altell Titan on Verizon Towers

Hello, I was wondering if I put a Verizon PRL on my Alltel phone if that would make it pick up all the Verizon Towers? I just recently updated it to 40051 from http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp

If I were to put 51495 or 65025 - 65124 from Verizon on my phone would I get the Verizon towers with out being charged roaming.
http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/#Verizon

I know that Verizon and Alltel are now 1 in a way, but there are some places I go in Arizona that Alltel doesnt get service, but Verizon does. I guess what I am saying, is there a way to pick up Verizon towers with out being charged for roaming?

Is there a different way to do what I am asking?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Altell Titan on Verizon Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer06 View Post
Hello, I was wondering if I put a Verizon PRL on my Alltel phone if that would make it pick up all the Verizon Towers? I just recently updated it to 40051 from http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp

If I were to put 51495 or 65025 - 65124 from Verizon on my phone would I get the Verizon towers with out being charged roaming.
http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/#Verizon

I know that Verizon and Alltel are now 1 in a way, but there are some places I go in Arizona that Alltel doesnt get service, but Verizon does. I guess what I am saying, is there a way to pick up Verizon towers with out being charged for roaming?

Is there a different way to do what I am asking?

Thanks!
By using the 40051 PRL, you are gaining access to all of the Verizon (and Sprint) towers. I would recommend again putting put a Verizon PRL on your phone, or you may experience some unexpected results. You are basically identifying your phone as an odd hybrid of Verizon/Alltel because of a mismatched ESN and PRL. I'd be afraid of getting random roaming charges billed to me. You may want to call Alltel and ask.

By the way, I'm an Alltel user in Arizona, too. I travel all over Wickenburg, Phoenix (where I live), Scottsdale, Tempe and Tucson. Never had poor service, other than on Highway 60 between Phoenix/Wickenburg. Where do you have poor service?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quadracer06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
I would recommend again putting put a Verizon PRL on your phone, or you may experience some unexpected results. You are basically identifying your phone as an odd hybrid of Verizon/Alltel because of a mismatched ESN and PRL. I'd be afraid of getting random roaming charges billed to me. You may want to call Alltel and ask.

By the way, I'm an Alltel user in Arizona, too. I travel all over Wickenburg, Phoenix (where I live), Scottsdale, Tempe and Tucson. Never had poor service, other than on Highway 60 between Phoenix/Wickenburg. Where do you have poor service?
That first sentence is a little confusing, can you re-phrase it please?

My poor service is really only at Lake Roosevelt and traveling to there from Phoenix or Tucson. We get service on the water, but not where we camp a few miles away.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer06 View Post
That first sentence is a little confusing, can you re-phrase it please?
Sure. Using the Alltel 40051 PRL gives you full access to all of the Verizon, Sprint and Alltel towers in your area. It is the best option to have the most coverage.

Based on my understanding, putting a Verizon PRL on your phone is a bad idea. You would be mixing and matching your phone's information by utilizing a Verizon PRL and an Alltel ESN (the digital fingerprint that identifies your phone as your phone). This may cause some headaches for the system, which will be confused as to what service your phone is subscribed to. I wouldn't be surprised if you receive some odd roaming charges or spotty service because of this. I am not an expert, so my main recommendation is to call Alltel (or Verizon) and ask.

You can also certainly try the Verizon PRL out and see if it works. I could be entirely wrong. I'd recommend having the Alltel PRL handy on your storage card, just in case you need to replace the Verizon one with an Alltel one.

I hope that clears up my intended meaning.

Original:
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
By using the 40051 PRL, you are gaining access to all of the Verizon (and Sprint) towers. I would recommend again putting put a Verizon PRL on your phone, or you may experience some unexpected results. You are basically identifying your phone as an odd hybrid of Verizon/Alltel because of a mismatched ESN and PRL. I'd be afraid of getting random roaming charges billed to me. You may want to call Alltel and ask.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quadracer06 is a n00b

Ok, thanks! I will see how this PRL works.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Where are getting that Verizon PRL from? The site you linked to has you goto another site to download, and that site doesn't have any PRLs newer than 2008 on it. I also would like the hybrid PRL to put on my SD card but can't find it to download it.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The latest Verizon not Alltel prl is 51495. I have it attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 51495.rar (3.1 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan