PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

nvdeb is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Well I thought I was all set

Okay, I must be missing something. I got it unlocked okay and verified that I did. So I extracted matts rom into a folder. I plug my usb cable into my phone (active sync starts up) and when I go to the RUU where I previously extrated matts rom , it seems to start up okay. I get the caution warning (check) next...I get the I have completed the steps above screen (check) next......I get error 240 :File Open and below that it says .....The Update Utility Can Not Open The Requested File. Please Check Your Update Utility.

Okay I know I must be missing something. I tried this with the phone just on and at the main screen and I also tried it with the phone in the bootloader mode with the same error.

I just know I am missing something really silly and obvious here. Thanks guys I am going to re-read again and see if I can find what I am missing but I didn't see anything the first time.

Deb
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Well I thought I was all set

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeb View Post
Okay, I must be missing something. I got it unlocked okay and verified that I did. So I extracted matts rom into a folder. I plug my usb cable into my phone (active sync starts up) and when I go to the RUU where I previously extrated matts rom , it seems to start up okay. I get the caution warning (check) next...I get the I have completed the steps above screen (check) next......I get error 240 :File Open and below that it says .....The Update Utility Can Not Open The Requested File. Please Check Your Update Utility.

Okay I know I must be missing something. I tried this with the phone just on and at the main screen and I also tried it with the phone in the bootloader mode with the same error.

I just know I am missing something really silly and obvious here. Thanks guys I am going to re-read again and see if I can find what I am missing but I didn't see anything the first time.

Deb
that file name must be renamed to RUU_signed.nbh when you place it in the ruu folder
also where did you get the ruu utility

Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks Matt wow I must be missing a bunch I think. Guess I need to spend more time reading. Okay I downloaded your Rom (
Version B Sprint 23007) then extracted it into a folder I had made on my desktop.

It looked as if you already had the RUU in there so that is what I clicked on.

I haven't seen any part about renaming so obviously I have not read enough. Thanks so much for taking time to help me with this, I feel dumb now as I thought I had done a good job of preparing. ............No biggie at least I got my phone unlocked okay (LOL)
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That file version B that you downloaded is the nbh file. That file needs to be extracted. It will place the extracted file in a folder. Rename that file to Ruu_signed.nbh

Download the Ruu towards the end of post 1 and extract that also. There will be 13 files in that folder. Place the version B file that you renamed in that folder with the 13 files. Now there is 14 files in that folder. From there run the rom update utility.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks Matt I will try this again in a bit. I had so many files on my desktop that I THOUGHT I had downloaded your rom but I guess not! How silly is that. I am downloading it now. Don't ask what I had already extracted cuz I don't know (lol)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I got it Matt! Thanks for explaining to me. I knew I was gonna feel dumb. I just had not read it all correctly and had too much stuff on my desktop to the point where I was confusing myself. LOVE the ROM.............Thanks again ( cookies for you )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan