PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Well I thought I was all set (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75336)

nvdeb 07-19-2009 08:25 PM

Well I thought I was all set

Okay, I must be missing something. I got it unlocked okay and verified that I did. So I extracted matts rom into a folder. I plug my usb cable into my phone (active sync starts up) and when I go to the RUU where I previously extrated matts rom , it seems to start up okay. I get the caution warning (check) next...I get the I have completed the steps above screen (check) next......I get error 240 :File Open and below that it says .....The Update Utility Can Not Open The Requested File. Please Check Your Update Utility.

Okay I know I must be missing something. I tried this with the phone just on and at the main screen and I also tried it with the phone in the bootloader mode with the same error.

I just know I am missing something really silly and obvious here. Thanks guys I am going to re-read again and see if I can find what I am missing but I didn't see anything the first time.

Deb

mattsm 07-19-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Well I thought I was all set

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvdeb (Post 1046096)
Okay, I must be missing something. I got it unlocked okay and verified that I did. So I extracted matts rom into a folder. I plug my usb cable into my phone (active sync starts up) and when I go to the RUU where I previously extrated matts rom , it seems to start up okay. I get the caution warning (check) next...I get the I have completed the steps above screen (check) next......I get error 240 :File Open and below that it says .....The Update Utility Can Not Open The Requested File. Please Check Your Update Utility.

Okay I know I must be missing something. I tried this with the phone just on and at the main screen and I also tried it with the phone in the bootloader mode with the same error.

I just know I am missing something really silly and obvious here. Thanks guys I am going to re-read again and see if I can find what I am missing but I didn't see anything the first time.

Deb

that file name must be renamed to RUU_signed.nbh when you place it in the ruu folder
also where did you get the ruu utility

nvdeb 07-19-2009 08:35 PM

Thanks Matt wow I must be missing a bunch I think. Guess I need to spend more time reading. Okay I downloaded your Rom (
Version B Sprint 23007) then extracted it into a folder I had made on my desktop.

It looked as if you already had the RUU in there so that is what I clicked on.

I haven't seen any part about renaming so obviously I have not read enough. Thanks so much for taking time to help me with this, I feel dumb now as I thought I had done a good job of preparing. ............No biggie at least I got my phone unlocked okay (LOL)

mattsm 07-19-2009 08:39 PM

That file version B that you downloaded is the nbh file. That file needs to be extracted. It will place the extracted file in a folder. Rename that file to Ruu_signed.nbh

Download the Ruu towards the end of post 1 and extract that also. There will be 13 files in that folder. Place the version B file that you renamed in that folder with the 13 files. Now there is 14 files in that folder. From there run the rom update utility.

nvdeb 07-19-2009 10:19 PM

Thanks Matt I will try this again in a bit. I had so many files on my desktop that I THOUGHT I had downloaded your rom but I guess not! How silly is that. I am downloading it now. Don't ask what I had already extracted cuz I don't know (lol)

nvdeb 07-20-2009 03:35 AM

I got it Matt! Thanks for explaining to me. I knew I was gonna feel dumb. I just had not read it all correctly and had too much stuff on my desktop to the point where I was confusing myself. LOVE the ROM.............Thanks again ( cookies for you )

CozBoogie 07-23-2009 01:12 PM

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz