PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   crazy screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75330)

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 07:30 PM

crazy screen

my friends mogul is doing something crazy, about 1 time outta 3 when he closes his keyboard his screen orientation goes back to portrait, but its completely reversed, like a mirrir image. he opens and closesit agian it goes back to normal, he switched back to stock alltel and it still did it, hes out of warranty so we are wondering if anyone has any idea how to stop this from happening

btonetbone 07-19-2009 08:01 PM

Re: crazy screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by patheticpuma (Post 1046014)
my friends mogul is doing something crazy, about 1 time outta 3 when he closes his keyboard his screen orientation goes back to portrait, but its completely reversed, like a mirrir image. he opens and closesit agian it goes back to normal, he switched back to stock alltel and it still did it, hes out of warranty so we are wondering if anyone has any idea how to stop this from happening

Did it still do it on stock with nothing installed?

darren.wlsn1 07-19-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1046057)
Did it still do it on stock with nothing installed?

op states he switched back to stock and it still does it, or do you mean before first flash? wasnt sure you saw that part

btonetbone 07-19-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1046064)
op states he switched back to stock and it still does it, or do you mean before first flash? wasnt sure you saw that part

I saw. I am trying to determine if it's something he/she is installing later on in their process, or if it's something inherently wrong with the phone.

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 08:19 PM

he was trying an array of custom roms when it started, it would do it on all of them so he switched back to stock and relocked hoping it would stop but it kept up on stock so he went to get an exchange but no luck (no tep) so he has a no warranty phone with a crazy screen.

darren.wlsn1 07-19-2009 08:21 PM

has he hardreset?

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 08:25 PM

after each flash, and again after the problem starts for the first time, no such luck.

darren.wlsn1 07-19-2009 08:31 PM

i would start removing programs from newest ect. the backup seems to be carrying the problem over. he is using a backup program i asume?

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 08:41 PM

when we flash the problem starts whithin 3 slide-opens even if no programs have been installed yet.

drewcam888 07-19-2009 09:04 PM

This is weird because I dont see this as a hardware problem.