PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   alltel still has ppc-6800 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75167)

rickyrecaro 07-17-2009 09:44 PM

alltel still has ppc-6800

well my phone finally broke and my warranty was over so i decided to do an insurance claim and recieved a re-furb 6800 which i honestly thought was a bunch of B.S. but screw it. has this happened to anyone who did a claim? i was hoping for a touch pro cause i mean we do pay $7 and it a dig deal to upgrade??? but what really has me pissed is the facted that it said *recertified, i member when they use to give new phones and give them to you on the spot. and i wouldnt be complaining if it was Brand new. what you alltelians think? dont know if i should unlock and just deal with it or make it a big deal and complainand see how good customer service is?!?!

](*,):angry7:](*,):angry7:](*,)

cac2us 07-18-2009 05:38 PM

Re: alltel still has ppc-6800

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrecaro (Post 1043037)
well my phone finally broke and my warranty was over so i decided to do an insurance claim and recieved a re-furb 6800 which i honestly thought was a bunch of B.S. but screw it. has this happened to anyone who did a claim? i was hoping for a touch pro cause i mean we do pay $7 and it a dig deal to upgrade??? but what really has me pissed is the facted that it said *recertified, i member when they use to give new phones and give them to you on the spot. and i wouldnt be complaining if it was Brand new. what you alltelians think? dont know if i should unlock and just deal with it or make it a big deal and complainand see how good customer service is?!?!

](*,):angry7:](*,):angry7:](*,)

Not too long ago VZW tried to stick me wit a warranty referb.
When I looked at the data sheet that came with the phone,
it said "USC" as original activation.
I told CS that I would rather keep my orig. unit.
It was a matter of the password not keeping its settings.
I would try to find something wrong with your unit.
EG: "Sticky Key Syndrome", "Bright Spot on Screen", "Wobblie Slider".
Check arround, but be accurate, you don't want to get stuck with an equipment charge if they find nothing wrong when they get it back.
Or you could have gotten a good refurb. It happens...
My last QWest refurb had a small piece of organic material on the USB terminals (INSIDE the on the mainboard).
Either way good luck.

rickyrecaro 07-18-2009 06:55 PM

this refurb looks pretty solid, wifi working with 6.5 and so is my d-pad. which on the old phone was issue. but thanks for the advice i hoping something goes wrong i at least want a brand new phone

cac2us 07-18-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrecaro (Post 1044335)
this refurb looks pretty solid, wifi working with 6.5 and so is my d-pad. which on the old phone was issue. but thanks for the advice i hoping something goes wrong i at least want a brand new phone

I just commited to another 24 mo. to get a brand new in the box xv6800 for $55.oo.
It sure feels nice to have a solid PPC.
Have you held the TP?
Feels to me like a toy, with a lot less buttons.

rickyrecaro 07-19-2009 01:12 AM

nah... havent had the chance to really play with i just want it cause its new and supposed to be awesome, if though i read alot of mixed reviews, faster processor, more ram, vga... it has to be better right. but you know in the end its all good, decided to unlock it and running 23004btonetbone rom and the free version of wifirouter is working again so its all good.

drewcam888 07-19-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cac2us (Post 1044467)
I just commited to another 24 mo. to get a brand new in the box xv6800 for $55.oo.
Have you held the TP?

I dont know why you would use your upgrade on another mogul. The mogul is so old and has so many problems. You will wish you hadnt when some of the newer phone come out in the next year

TheBundo 07-20-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cac2us (Post 1044467)
Have you held the TP?

I agree. I'd take a new Mogul over a new TP anyday

cac2us 07-20-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1046668)
I agree. I'd take a new Mogul over a new TP anyday

I may hold out for the TP2, unless HTC comes up with with something more solid (with more buttons).

"Gimmie Back My Buttons":protest: