PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

rickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to rickyrecaro
Angry alltel still has ppc-6800

well my phone finally broke and my warranty was over so i decided to do an insurance claim and recieved a re-furb 6800 which i honestly thought was a bunch of B.S. but screw it. has this happened to anyone who did a claim? i was hoping for a touch pro cause i mean we do pay $7 and it a dig deal to upgrade??? but what really has me pissed is the facted that it said *recertified, i member when they use to give new phones and give them to you on the spot. and i wouldnt be complaining if it was Brand new. what you alltelians think? dont know if i should unlock and just deal with it or make it a big deal and complainand see how good customer service is?!?!

Last edited by rickyrecaro; 07-18-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: alltel still has ppc-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrecaro View Post
well my phone finally broke and my warranty was over so i decided to do an insurance claim and recieved a re-furb 6800 which i honestly thought was a bunch of B.S. but screw it. has this happened to anyone who did a claim? i was hoping for a touch pro cause i mean we do pay $7 and it a dig deal to upgrade??? but what really has me pissed is the facted that it said *recertified, i member when they use to give new phones and give them to you on the spot. and i wouldnt be complaining if it was Brand new. what you alltelians think? dont know if i should unlock and just deal with it or make it a big deal and complainand see how good customer service is?!?!

Not too long ago VZW tried to stick me wit a warranty referb.
When I looked at the data sheet that came with the phone,
it said "USC" as original activation.
I told CS that I would rather keep my orig. unit.
It was a matter of the password not keeping its settings.
I would try to find something wrong with your unit.
EG: "Sticky Key Syndrome", "Bright Spot on Screen", "Wobblie Slider".
Check arround, but be accurate, you don't want to get stuck with an equipment charge if they find nothing wrong when they get it back.
Or you could have gotten a good refurb. It happens...
My last QWest refurb had a small piece of organic material on the USB terminals (INSIDE the on the mainboard).
Either way good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

this refurb looks pretty solid, wifi working with 6.5 and so is my d-pad. which on the old phone was issue. but thanks for the advice i hoping something goes wrong i at least want a brand new phone
Old 07-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrecaro View Post
this refurb looks pretty solid, wifi working with 6.5 and so is my d-pad. which on the old phone was issue. but thanks for the advice i hoping something goes wrong i at least want a brand new phone
I just commited to another 24 mo. to get a brand new in the box xv6800 for $55.oo.
It sure feels nice to have a solid PPC.
Have you held the TP?
Feels to me like a toy, with a lot less buttons.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nah... havent had the chance to really play with i just want it cause its new and supposed to be awesome, if though i read alot of mixed reviews, faster processor, more ram, vga... it has to be better right. but you know in the end its all good, decided to unlock it and running 23004btonetbone rom and the free version of wifirouter is working again so its all good.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
I just commited to another 24 mo. to get a brand new in the box xv6800 for $55.oo.
Have you held the TP?
I dont know why you would use your upgrade on another mogul. The mogul is so old and has so many problems. You will wish you hadnt when some of the newer phone come out in the next year
Old 07-20-2009, 05:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
Have you held the TP?
I agree. I'd take a new Mogul over a new TP anyday
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I agree. I'd take a new Mogul over a new TP anyday
I may hold out for the TP2, unless HTC comes up with with something more solid (with more buttons).

"Gimmie Back My Buttons"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan