PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible?

1. I know this might be a stretch, but when you chefs cook a delicious new ROM, would it be possible for you to list what the ingredients are, so that before we decide to flash, we know what is inside? I don't know about anybody else, but I think I would like to know before the time is spent flashing, only to find I don't like for whatever reason, and have to spend time flashing back? I can realize that part of all this is the excitement of someone coming up with a new ROM, and that a lot of you spend a lot of time developing these things (your hard work is most appreciated (I could never do something like this; no time, wouldn't even know where to begin), along with your technical expertise to those who are noobs, or just plain 'don't get the concepts').

2. Is MSOffice built into all the ROMs by default? I see it is a kitchen option, or is there a .cab? A lot of those kitchen add-ons can be gotten by a .cab, is Office one of them?

3. Does someone have a link to a carrier-free 23004 and / or a 21501, that is 'bare-bone,' 'plain-Jane?' I'd like a bare with BASIC unit functions (TITAN) (camera, keyboard, BT, WiFi, MSOffice), that I can install my own .cabs to?

Thank you again for all that you do...This Bud's for you! (Someone should come up with a Budweiser jingle comm for the ROM chefs)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
1. I know this might be a stretch, but when you chefs cook a delicious new ROM, would it be possible for you to list what the ingredients are, so that before we decide to flash, we know what is inside? I don't know about anybody else, but I think I would like to know before the time is spent flashing, only to find I don't like for whatever reason, and have to spend time flashing back? I can realize that part of all this is the excitement of someone coming up with a new ROM, and that a lot of you spend a lot of time developing these things (your hard work is most appreciated (I could never do something like this; no time, wouldn't even know where to begin), along with your technical expertise to those who are noobs, or just plain 'don't get the concepts').

2. Is MSOffice built into all the ROMs by default? I see it is a kitchen option, or is there a .cab? A lot of those kitchen add-ons can be gotten by a .cab, is Office one of them?

3. Does someone have a link to a carrier-free 23004 and / or a 21501, that is 'bare-bone,' 'plain-Jane?' I'd like a bare with BASIC unit functions (TITAN) (camera, keyboard, BT, WiFi, MSOffice), that I can install my own .cabs to?

Thank you again for all that you do...This Bud's for you! (Someone should come up with a Budweiser jingle comm for the ROM chefs)
YES, This ROMs For You!!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Threadstarter

boblpn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
YES, This ROMs For You!!
Was there supposed to be a link there, or is that your good humor? BTW, I'm currently running your 21501 out of the Kitchen, I think...your ID is on my boot page.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
Was there supposed to be a link there, or is that your good humor? BTW, I'm currently running your 21501 out of the Kitchen, I think...your ID is on my boot page.
Sory, took time out for lunch.
I was using PPC Kitchen to get the most stable ROM, just the way I like.
But I soon found that:

mattsm, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72489

bbsandkm, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67673

Force Development ROM's, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=529875 "My Favorite"

btonetbone, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73339
have all been cooking some great ROMs.

The carrier issue can be adjusted by using a carrier cab. Unless you use things like SMS or Data Sync (or something like that).
Then you will have to look for a ROM that is made for your carrier.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=61
This link will take you to the post for the newest build.
Not yet out, but he is taking "Requests".

Last edited by cac2us; 07-16-2009 at 06:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
The carrier issue can be adjusted by using a carrier cab. Unless you use things like SMS or Data Sync (or something like that).
Then you will have to look for a ROM that is made for your carrier.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=61
This link will take you to the post for the newest build.
Not yet out, but he is taking "Requests".
Not true about SMS (not sure what Data Sync is). You can use a custom ROM and still have access to all of your SMS and MMS capabilities. To use MMS, you will need to proper Arcsoft cab designed for use with your carrier. If you are having issues with those features, let me know and we'll fix that!

But thanks for the shoutout and kind words about my build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
Not true about SMS (not sure what Data Sync is). You can use a custom ROM and still have access to all of your SMS and MMS capabilities. To use MMS, you will need to proper Arcsoft cab designed for use with your carrier. If you are having issues with those features, let me know and we'll fix that!

But thanks for the shoutout and kind words about my build.
Thank you for clearing that up for us.
I don't use either, so I did not know for sure.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nyclegend20 is just getting started

why is every1 using 6.5 roms
isnt 6.5 much slower then 6.1
i mean is there a 6.5 rom as fast as a 6.1 rom
if there is ill def hop on it
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclegend20 View Post
why is every1 using 6.5 roms
isnt 6.5 much slower then 6.1
i mean is there a 6.5 rom as fast as a 6.1 rom
if there is ill def hop on it
i hear ya. one thing is i think 6.5 is resource heavy. i think the touch pro just barley makes it . who knows about the titan
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan