PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
boblpn's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 63
Reputation: 20
boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible?

1. I know this might be a stretch, but when you chefs cook a delicious new ROM, would it be possible for you to list what the ingredients are, so that before we decide to flash, we know what is inside? I don't know about anybody else, but I think I would like to know before the time is spent flashing, only to find I don't like for whatever reason, and have to spend time flashing back? I can realize that part of all this is the excitement of someone coming up with a new ROM, and that a lot of you spend a lot of time developing these things (your hard work is most appreciated (I could never do something like this; no time, wouldn't even know where to begin), along with your technical expertise to those who are noobs, or just plain 'don't get the concepts').

2. Is MSOffice built into all the ROMs by default? I see it is a kitchen option, or is there a .cab? A lot of those kitchen add-ons can be gotten by a .cab, is Office one of them?

3. Does someone have a link to a carrier-free 23004 and / or a 21501, that is 'bare-bone,' 'plain-Jane?' I'd like a bare with BASIC unit functions (TITAN) (camera, keyboard, BT, WiFi, MSOffice), that I can install my own .cabs to?

Thank you again for all that you do...This Bud's for you! (Someone should come up with a Budweiser jingle comm for the ROM chefs)
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
cac2us's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: North Western, MT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 396
Reputation: 525
cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
1. I know this might be a stretch, but when you chefs cook a delicious new ROM, would it be possible for you to list what the ingredients are, so that before we decide to flash, we know what is inside? I don't know about anybody else, but I think I would like to know before the time is spent flashing, only to find I don't like for whatever reason, and have to spend time flashing back? I can realize that part of all this is the excitement of someone coming up with a new ROM, and that a lot of you spend a lot of time developing these things (your hard work is most appreciated (I could never do something like this; no time, wouldn't even know where to begin), along with your technical expertise to those who are noobs, or just plain 'don't get the concepts').

2. Is MSOffice built into all the ROMs by default? I see it is a kitchen option, or is there a .cab? A lot of those kitchen add-ons can be gotten by a .cab, is Office one of them?

3. Does someone have a link to a carrier-free 23004 and / or a 21501, that is 'bare-bone,' 'plain-Jane?' I'd like a bare with BASIC unit functions (TITAN) (camera, keyboard, BT, WiFi, MSOffice), that I can install my own .cabs to?

Thank you again for all that you do...This Bud's for you! (Someone should come up with a Budweiser jingle comm for the ROM chefs)
YES, This ROMs For You!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
boblpn's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 63
Reputation: 20
boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
YES, This ROMs For You!!
Was there supposed to be a link there, or is that your good humor? BTW, I'm currently running your 21501 out of the Kitchen, I think...your ID is on my boot page.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
cac2us's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: North Western, MT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 396
Reputation: 525
cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
Was there supposed to be a link there, or is that your good humor? BTW, I'm currently running your 21501 out of the Kitchen, I think...your ID is on my boot page.
Sory, took time out for lunch.
I was using PPC Kitchen to get the most stable ROM, just the way I like.
But I soon found that:

mattsm, Mattsm TITAN Builds

bbsandkm, Windows 6.5 XV6800/Titan 28002

Force Development ROM's, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=529875 "My Favorite"

btonetbone, WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009)
have all been cooking some great ROMs.

The carrier issue can be adjusted by using a carrier cab. Unless you use things like SMS or Data Sync (or something like that).
Then you will have to look for a ROM that is made for your carrier.

WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009)
This link will take you to the post for the newest build.
Not yet out, but he is taking "Requests".

Last edited by cac2us; 07-16-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 3 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
btonetbone's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 350
Reputation: 1120
btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
The carrier issue can be adjusted by using a carrier cab. Unless you use things like SMS or Data Sync (or something like that).
Then you will have to look for a ROM that is made for your carrier.

WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009)
This link will take you to the post for the newest build.
Not yet out, but he is taking "Requests".
Not true about SMS (not sure what Data Sync is). You can use a custom ROM and still have access to all of your SMS and MMS capabilities. To use MMS, you will need to proper Arcsoft cab designed for use with your carrier. If you are having issues with those features, let me know and we'll fix that!

But thanks for the shoutout and kind words about my build.
__________________
Ivan
Enjoy the show!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
cac2us's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: North Western, MT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 396
Reputation: 525
cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
Not true about SMS (not sure what Data Sync is). You can use a custom ROM and still have access to all of your SMS and MMS capabilities. To use MMS, you will need to proper Arcsoft cab designed for use with your carrier. If you are having issues with those features, let me know and we'll fix that!

But thanks for the shoutout and kind words about my build.
Thank you for clearing that up for us.
I don't use either, so I did not know for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 AM
nyclegend20's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 144
Reputation: 20
nyclegend20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it possible?

why is every1 using 6.5 roms
isnt 6.5 much slower then 6.1
i mean is there a 6.5 rom as fast as a 6.1 rom
if there is ill def hop on it
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 AM
psycho_maniac's Avatar
Super Senior VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Location: Wi,USA
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,029
Reputation: 3882
psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclegend20 View Post
why is every1 using 6.5 roms
isnt 6.5 much slower then 6.1
i mean is there a 6.5 rom as fast as a 6.1 rom
if there is ill def hop on it
i hear ya. one thing is i think 6.5 is resource heavy. i think the touch pro just barley makes it . who knows about the titan
__________________
Phone: Nexus 6p | Carrier: StraightTalk Att
Kernel: Stock | ROM: Stock Oreo
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
CozBoogie's Avatar
Coz-erator
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Pacific Northwest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,694
Reputation: 15639
CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Is it possible?

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz
__________________
"I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com