PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
just got NEW 6800 from VZW

I just went through 3 pages of threads and didnt see anything on this. My original 68 got the sticky keys on keyboard syndrone and so I had VZW replace it. The local store didnt have any and I thought I was going to get a 6850 until some jackazz made a phone call and told me they were sending me a new phone. Sure enough when FedEx dropped it off it was a spanking BNIB 6800 dated 5-18-09 and covers will all the protective plastic. Not a refurb mind you.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: just got NEW 6800 from VZW

Wow i didnt know they were making them still. I was thinking I might get a touch pro on one of these replacements. That sucks
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Not surprised. I had to make an Asurion claim on my 700WX (VZW) about a month ago due to a series of unfortunate events involving the Treo and a spare magazine for my duty weapon. Like you, I was hoping for a 6850. Got another 700WX, which, if I'm not mistaken, was in VZW's inventory before the 6800. I guess there's still a lot of these old bricks still floating around out there.

Last edited by Geekcop; 07-14-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow HTC still has the production capability to produce moguls??
Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ill post a pics tomorrow when I can get to work and use a much better cam.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do you know how to get into EPST? In there, you can view the official Refurbished/Manufactured date on the phone. I'd be interested to see what the manufactured date is!

Thanks
Ivan
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
Do you know how to get into EPST? In there, you can view the official Refurbished/Manufactured date on the phone. I'd be interested to see what the manufactured date is!

Thanks
Ivan

No refurb date. Manuf date is Oct 27th, 2008. Warranty date is May 19, 2009
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

weedahoe, be careful accepting a "new" device from verizon... I took a new 700wx over a refurbed (they were out of stock) and they counted that as my upgrade... So I went from a crappy non -working 700wx to a new 700wx that stopped working 2 weeks later, and they counted it as a New Every 2. After a year of arguing with VZW, they changed it back and I was able to weasel my way outta my contract. Just check it with customer service.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

THX. I know Sprint got their butts in a big lawsuit for doing things like that but I will check into it.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

After complaining enough about their new policy to ban QWest esn #s, I got mine June 23rd 09.
It ended up costing $50.oo, and a renwal of service (had 1Yr left).
But the MFG date is 25-Apr-08.
Funny that the Warranty Date Code is 24-Jun-09 (1 day after I got it).
It didn't take long to unlock GPS and all.
I think I like having the extra buttons to assign all those apps to.
Maybe the TP is for a user that does'nt mind scrolling through the menus.
And I would miss the thumb wheel, even the TP2 just has the rocker.
Something about the 6800 says Rugged and Dependable.
The TP that I held in the VZW store seemed like a toy.
I had to ask if this was a display or the real thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan