PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   WIFI not working with 6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74777)

GaMedic 07-14-2009 05:47 PM

WIFI not working with 6.5

Every since switching to 6.5 my wifi stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue? I cooked it up using the kitchen. I am considering reverting back to 6.1 to see if it works but was trying to avoid doing that.

weedahoe 07-14-2009 06:10 PM

Re: WIFI not working with 6.5

I wish I could help you but I cooked my 6.5 not too long ago and although I have a data plan. I can say I have tested my WiFI a few times and it always worked.

btonetbone 07-14-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMedic (Post 1035513)
Every since switching to 6.5 my wifi stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue? I cooked it up using the kitchen. I am considering reverting back to 6.1 to see if it works but was trying to avoid doing that.

I've seen some posts about that over on XDA. Mine works, though. The one thing I've had to do, though, is switch the connection type from "Work" to "Internet" in Start -> Settings -> Connections -> WiFi -> Network Aapters.

At first I thought it was isolated user error, but there was a small bunch of people at XDA. Enough to make me concerned it's something actually wrong. But it's so random for people. I guess what concerns me most is that you are the first person with demonstrated phone know-how to bring it up!

codybear 07-14-2009 10:50 PM

I read somewhere that you have to include the wifi drivers or something like that when you cook, otherwise it won't work.
It should be an option within the kitchen,
which kitchen are you using??

GaMedic 07-15-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 1036074)
I read somewhere that you have to include the wifi drivers or something like that when you cook, otherwise it won't work.
It should be an option within the kitchen,
which kitchen are you using??

I am using the ppckitchen. I have never seen wifi drivers as an option.

GaMedic 07-15-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1035682)
I've seen some posts about that over on XDA. Mine works, though. The one thing I've had to do, though, is switch the connection type from "Work" to "Internet" in Start -> Settings -> Connections -> WiFi -> Network Aapters.

At first I thought it was isolated user error, but there was a small bunch of people at XDA. Enough to make me concerned it's something actually wrong. But it's so random for people. I guess what concerns me most is that you are the first person with demonstrated phone know-how to bring it up!

I tried that and i did not work. The icon shows that WIFI is on but when you go into WIFI sttings it is not showing any available networks. Also on the main screen in the same area the time is in, it shows WIFI Unavailable.

weedahoe 07-15-2009 12:48 PM

I know you said you went back to 6.1 and it wasnt work but I would try to cook a fresh ROM with a different setup and try that. If that doesnt work plus the 6.1 youre using now plus the 6.5 you came from, then you may just have a dead chip. I guess you could try the OEM ROM to make sure also. Also, make sure the software settings of the hardware switch are setup correctly.

shaggylive 07-15-2009 12:56 PM

yea, I find it best to flash a stock (shipped) rom when trouble shooting these issues..
also a few extra hard resets can't hurt.

I just revived my old mogul that had a dead keyboard (FN), I had flashed stock, and reset a few times, but after collecting dust a few months and one more attempt, low and behold it's working now.