PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800/Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tonedabone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How many Titans did you go through?

On 4th Mogul. First had big white spot on screen. Second, the wifi button didn't work, third the thumb wheel only went in one direction, and finally 4th, seems to be doing very well. I would have to say, if anything goes wrong with the current phone, I WILL be going to Assurion to get TP.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

chunkman is a n00b

I can honestly say that I have went through so many of these GD things, that Sprint should give me a year of service for all the hassle I have gone through. Since May of this year, when my 2 year old mogul decided to crap out I have gone through 11 phone, 8 of them were keyboard issues - triple and quad tap keys, 1 was a bad card reader, 1 the screen died, and another had previous water damage and was rusted on some of the metal and corrosion you could see in the stylus hole. Sprint still won't give me an upgrade; it's a bit ridiculous you spend $600 after tax (and the multiple thousands you spend end up spending in the 5 years of being a customer) on a phone that when you finally do have to do an insurance claim with it, you get a steaming pile.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On my 3rd in 2 years, but I'm in construction and they get beat up pretty good, and used heavily. Not sure any of the newer ones would do as well
Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

lopez62 is a n00b

Im on my 5th Titan, 1 New 4 Refurbs, 1st was just old and finally died (earpiece and screen stopped working), 2nd screen came off its bracket, 3rd i dropped it and screen cracked and didnt turn on anymore (had to change the screen myself so i wouldnt have to make a claim through the insurance and get charged $100), 4th keyboard and wifi didnt work, Now im on my 5th Titan, still no upgrade.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On my 4th. All 4 brand new every time. Various issues every time. Still havent gotten a free upgrade.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Ugh, On my 3rd one now. 1st was brand new (a replacement for my 4th 6700) after about 6 months, the buttons started failing, then had a few other minor issues, that annoyed me.

2nd had a 1/2 way blown ear piece, when the volume was all the way up but, the person had a deep voice, it was so bad I could not hear anything, never happen on my 1st one. (had 3 weeks)

3rd one I just setup yesterday, it's got the white spot on the screen (don't all titans have this spot ?) and this one so far is locking up on me, had to reset it about 7 times so far. Still using it to try to figure out the bugs before going through the hassle again...

Edit: well my 3rd phone keeps locking up with the default rom (WM 6.1), so I will be getting a 4th in a few days. Ugh, the referbs are a hit or miss with verizon, I wish they would actually fully test them before sending them out.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-29-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I've gone through 6. Verizon always has replacments, and they're always good ones, except for one I got. This currrent one I have in in perfect working order so I am selling it tomorrow. I put it up on Craigs List.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows mobile 6.1

avatar1961 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to avatar1961

I'm on my first one. Got it as a replacement for an Apache that died around Feb 2007. I've been sortof hoping it would die though so I could get a newer phone
Old 07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At least 8. I swapped it out everytime the screen spots would show up wich usually took about a month or two. I never had one swapped for anything elase. I sold my brand new Mogul #8 to co-worker for $200 and bought at TouchPro about a week after it was released last fall.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800, treo 700w, ppc 6700

masterku is a n00b

I went thru 6 Titan in a span of 1 year. Sick, mostly because of keyboard issues!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan