PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

kaapeli is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ungodly Slow!! :(

so i've seen a few posts with problems similar to mine, but nothing that really applies to this situation getting fixed.

my titan has been running fine until lately (and mind you, me posting this is the second time within a month that this has happened). for some reason, this will usually happen AFTER a soft reset (i had to hard reset once, and it seemed to have been fixed until this one specific time when i did the soft)... but now the titan is running ridiculously slow. it's hard to open up the mini task manager, which takes much longer than normal. my memory is usually fine, running in at about 65 - 70% most of the time. i only have a few outside programs installed, and those would be as follows:

** HTCHome (6 tab version)
** Mobile AIM
** sMMS Pro
** Sprint Picture Mail (if that's considered an outside program)

as you can see, not much installed... and like i mentioned, my program memory is USUALLY around 65 - 70%, so i'm stumped.

another thing to add is with the text messaging - usually runs fine, except when i type something that follows "i," for example, trying to type i am going to the store for drinks:

(i )

now, when i hit send, whatever i actually typed DOES show up. it's just that i can't see it while being typed. otherwise, that seems to be the only way that happens, is when i type "i (blah blah blah blah)."

i did a hard reset once, and after the hard reset, it seemed to have been working fine until rather recently when i did a soft reset and this started happening again. it's usually fine until i open up something, such as messaging or even the task manager. then everything starts slowing down. i don't really want to do another hard reset... so i come here in desperation: from my description, is there anything that can easily be done about this?

any sort of help would and will be ridiculously appreciated. thank you all!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Ungodly Slow!! :(

Mobile aim uses a lot of resources try to remove it and see.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am going to have to agree, mobile AIM was horrible when I had the Mogul. Plus are you on a stock rom, pp shouldnt be too, when I had this phone I always had the page pool at 6-7, but no higher it would slow down, even if it shows you have memory availble, and try using memmaid or oxios hibernate, they work good on that phone at clearing up ram. hope this helps. Palringo is a free im and covers all major clients, yahoo, aim, live messenger, etc, I used to use that too instead of aim.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kaapeli is a n00b

alright! thanks both of you. i will definitely give that a try and let you know how it works!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And keep in mind Program RAM is different than Storage RAM. But overall it certainly sounds like software related issues to me as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kaapeli is a n00b

well i uninstalled AIM. that seemed to have done the trick for the most part. i also fiddled with the input settings and cleared some stuff for the text entry, and i'm back online.

thanks again everyone!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yup, glad we could help. Most issues on the Mogul I had were software related probably because of lack of available ram, any problems in the future, uninstall last program you last installed, soft reset and that should work, it usually worked for me, I liked the Mogul, but lack of ram got on my nerves, I miss the keyboard and shortcut buttons though.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

BTW, not trying to restart a fire but try something like IMplus as it is what I use for all my IMs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan