PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question If I want to use my Titan as a modem...

what do I need to have / do?

I might need to use my 6800 as a modem for my laptop. What do I need to connect the phone to the laptop, settings on the 6800 / laptop, etc?

Could someone walk me through how to do this?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: If I want to use my Titan as a modem...

Go download PDA.net and install in on the PPC and PC. Once you connect the PPC to the PC and let it sync, run both PDA.net on both the laptop and PPC and it will pop-up a screen telling you to 'click here to connect'' or something like that. Then it will verify UID and Pass and connect you.

Thats the easist way I know.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This will do it by registry edit, and using the Internet Sharing program that should already be installed on the titan.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=4

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what happened to wmwifirouter v .91? overheating/power issues run amok?

and what is the purpose to the reg edit? is internet sharing disabled on stock roms even though it is an included app?

Last edited by sHockz; 07-14-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Using ICS shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't go overboard with the tethering (i.e. downloading DVD's daily). So if you don't feel like shelling out cash for PDA.net you can use the method nxtech3. If you really want to be on the safe side, then use PDA.net as that registers the data download as distinctly going to your phone. With the right registry edits, your carrier shouldn't be able to tell the difference between ICS and PDA.net however.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan