PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

cobra9777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EAS gone wild

I have a Titan running 6.1 on an older No2chem custom ROM. EAS works fine most of the time. I sync email, calendar, and contacts with my work exchange server. My company runs Exchange 2007 with lots of security policies including device PIN and remote wipe. Again, everything connects and works fine most of the time.

The Problem: at odd intervals (at least once or twice a day), EAS begins syncing email and never stops. On the active sync status screen on my device, it shows that it is downloading email and counts up the quantity... sometimes going into the tens of thousands. Obviously I don't have tens of thousands of email on the exchange server. If I hit "stop", AS appears to hang. The only way I can restore sanity is to kill repllog.exe and then manually restart it. Then, all is well again... at least for a while until this craziness starts up again. If I don't kill it, it just continues counting up until the battery goes dead... it never finishes whatever it's trying to do.

Anyone know what is causing this? Or how I can fix it? BTW, my company IT cannot help. I work for a very large company. They offer EAS but do not support individual devices, except for certain company-issued Treos and BBs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan