PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hardware Keyboard - Characters repeat (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74350)

SecretAgentMan 07-10-2009 01:21 PM

Hardware Keyboard - Characters repeat

Recently, I have noticed that I get a lot of multiple characters per key press using the hardware keyboard. For example, if I press the "b", I get "bbb". It happens with any number of keys, not just 1 or 2.

xv6800, MR1. MS3 with MSkips stuff.

Any ideas?

daltonsdoghouse 07-10-2009 03:52 PM

Re: Hardware Keyboard - Characters repeat

Same problem here. Started a month ago. Lots of apps loaded ...been dropped a few times as well. I'm going to hard reset prior to taking it in for replacement.

Gman357 07-12-2009 07:23 PM

Yeah I've had the same problem sent mine back to sprint on about my 4th phone keep getting crap 3 of them did the same with the characters repeating this last one they sent me the wifi don't work so I just bit the bullet and called insurance they're send out hte pro

ajgwynn 07-13-2009 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this worked for me

MstaCDLite 07-13-2009 08:30 AM

wow I thought I was the only one that started having this problem...Its odd that it just started about a month ago. I thought it was from dropping it, I dont do often... Hope this works

shaolin77 07-13-2009 08:56 AM

I also started to experience problems with my keyboard producing double characters while typing out a message and it started about a month ago...as a matter of fact I was talking to someone about it yesterday and was thinking of Hard Resetting my Mogul...until I came across this fix today...hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Does anyone know what exactly this fix does to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Shaolin77

ajgwynn 07-14-2009 02:53 AM

i did a quick search and people say that it installs a new keyboard driver. im not exactly sure what that means but this fix basically omits the extra key presses, it really does work great

have you installed it and has it worked for you?

weedahoe 07-14-2009 09:36 AM

keyboard fix wont work unless its a software issue whereas most of ours are hardware related. I just had VZW send me another 68 and it was BNIB dated 5-18-09 BTW. I mean it is spanking brand new.

twshield 07-14-2009 01:25 PM

Yes the keyboard fix does resolve some issues with texting, however lets just be honest with ourselves. Although HTC does make decent phones, the keyboards on their phones suck big time. They use the same crappy flat button keyboards on nearly all their models, and you must either be female or have small fingers in order to use it properly.

Darkjedi 07-14-2009 01:28 PM

When I had the titan, the keyboard fix worked very well and prevented double letters, but I found it particularly hard to press the letters after I installed it. It would sometimes skip the letters that normally would double up when I was typing fast, which became very annoying. I swapped my mogul for a new one and the issue was gone.