PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hardware Keyboard - Characters repeat

THE ONLY REAL WAY TO FIX THIS IS:

Go to sprint and get a new phone. Their is NO permanent fix for this issue. It will be an ongoing issue. It has happened to just about ever mogul I have owned except 1. Assuming you have insurance, Sprint WILL replace your phone for this issue. I have tried and got a brand new Titan.

The keyboard fixes *can* work...but they usually go back to double letters *or* leaving letters out that you pressed.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't think getting a Touch Pro will fix your problems either, the TP has their own brand of keyboard faults as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thx dark, i was thinking of picking up a TP recently myself...my mogul is biting the dust again and I am thinking I might finally want to progress forward. kinda scared to shy away from WinMo though....I really like all the features *sigh

+1 for the heads up though on the TP.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
thx dark, i was thinking of picking up a TP recently myself...my mogul is biting the dust again and I am thinking I might finally want to progress forward. kinda scared to shy away from WinMo though....I really like all the features *sigh

+1 for the heads up though on the TP.
The keyboard data ribbon apparently gets loose or something and creates major lag and freezes in input. Eventually you have to start pressing really hard on the space key for it to register your keys and after a while the keyboard completely dies. I've had this happen once already, and there are a ton of threads on the TP forum with people complaining about the same thing, hahah. I'm so disappointed that HTC can't get their design/quality up to par as I myself love the WM platform was well.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The letter O I U would stick on mine. If it were random letters then yeah I would say software related. But when it is the same keys over and over, its hardware related.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
The letter O I U would stick on mine. If it were random letters then yeah I would say software related. But when it is the same keys over and over, its hardware related.
same with me on my mogul, the vowel letters tended to stick a lot more, especially the o i u buttons. b's as well for some reason.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Shoot2ill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have the same issue. Characters either repeat or don't register at all. This is occurring on a refurbished Mogul I received last week after the Wi-Fi went out on my first phone. Taking it to the Sprint store tomorrow. Going to beg for a Touch Pro.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

I have a brand new refurb mogul (kinda an oxymoron huh?) but it does this as well.. Its never been dropped whatsoever its less than 48 hours old.. but I must say I love my touch pro keyboard.. Had it since December with no issues
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Talking Re: Hardware Keyboard - Characters repeat

Sweetness, thanks for the post!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: USCC

Grafton is a n00b

mine started doing this double letter thing right after flashed so i hope its just a driver issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan