PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan still top of the game?

Would you consider the Titan to still be one of the best PPC phones available, in regards to power, versatility and technology? I ask because I've had mine for over a year now and even though I have been extremely pleased with what I have been able to do with it I think it's starting to slowly die. I'm wondering if I should stick it out with it for as long as I can (like I did with my E815) or if I should seriously start looking around for a replacement.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Titan still top of the game?

I'd say look for a feplacement if you can't run some apps. that you would like to and if your device seems to be having some hardware issues. If you can get a good deal on an upgrade that would help you jump the fence too.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Have you heard of the TP2 or the Omnia 2? I would def not jump ship for the TP, although if you want I'm selling mine, look at my sig, hint hint haha. For real though, I had so much trouble with my TP's that this one when I got it from Sprint I put directly on ebay. Think about the Omnia Pro, it looks amazing in ALL aspects!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The thing is I'm really not disappointed in the Titan, but I like upgrading my **** often. Right now I have GPS, EVDO rev a, youtube, movies and music, tethering via cable/wifi/bluetooth, 4 different browsers, fatass extended battery, hard keyboard, 8gb SD card, wifi switch. I don't mention this to brag because a lot of other people have done the same stuff I have, but rather because these are features I've come to appreciate having and really would hate to give up.

I have been reading up on the TP and TP2 for the last few days. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the TP, plus it's almost a year old. In regards to the TP2 I can't find any concrete info onto it's release, especially on Verizon which is my provider. I'd like to get the newest and best that is hopefully released in the summer (although I realize that is rarely the case) because I'm in college and I don't want to be screwing around with my phone when I have more important things to do.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

TP2 is going to be a flop like the TP I'm afraid, man I hope HTC proves me wrong! But have you checked out the Omnia Pro? It looks solid in every way!

I am in college also but I'm constantly trading phones around haha. It will be personal preference, I can tell you now that theres nothing you have mentioned that my TP didn't do, besides wifi switch.

The only thing the Treo Pro is missing is the Flashability. I love my Treo Pro, it is a great device, and has the 3.5 hp jack.

The Omnia Pro just looks like it has the necessary stuff, including the ever elusive 3.5mm Headphone jack!

EDIT: I just realized that the phone makes a smiley face using that bottom button setup haha. That may be unforgivable!

Last edited by thacounty; 07-09-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Got you a link, check it here:

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5568
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

You're right, checked out your link and searched around, the Omnia II looks sexy. Processor sounds nasty, solid screen too. But no hard keyboard? For me personally that is a huge negative...but I could overlook it if I get the phone in my hand and really like it. I will have to check it out when it's released July 17th(?).
Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
You're right, checked out your link and searched around, the Omnia II looks sexy. Processor sounds nasty, solid screen too. But no hard keyboard? For me personally that is a huge negative...but I could overlook it if I get the phone in my hand and really like it. I will have to check it out when it's released July 17th(?).
Omnia pro has physical KB like the TP and Mogul! Check that link. I hope it does drop July 17th, although Sprint prob won't pick it up again. Gahh haha.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Would you consider the Titan to still be one of the best PPC phones available, in regards to power, versatility and technology? I ask because I've had mine for over a year now and even though I have been extremely pleased with what I have been able to do with it I think it's starting to slowly die. I'm wondering if I should stick it out with it for as long as I can (like I did with my E815) or if I should seriously start looking around for a replacement.
the mogul has zero power compared to phones now.. versitility, its winmo, theyll always be versitile... technology, its not light years behind, afterall you can have most everything the TP can have, memory just becomes an issue... youve waited this long, might as well wait until you see something that just blows your mind..

and @ thacountry.... your really diggin Omnia 2 huh, your all over the place talkin that phone up.. you got an endorsement deal or somethin lol j/k.. you have sprint right? id change your mind on Omnia 2 then buddy, ill put it out there in the forums, $5o bucks says OMnia 2 never comes to sprint
Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

and @ Fixed: haha (thacounty).... your really diggin Omnia 2 huh, your all over the place talkin that phone up.. you got an endorsement deal or somethin lol j/k.. you have sprint right? id change your mind on Omnia 2 then buddy, ill put it out there in the forums, $5o bucks says OMnia 2 never comes to sprint
ou are 100% correct about that. I never expect it to come. I will say however that I am fed up with HTC. I had my kb fail on my TP 3 times and the screen went black after owning one of them for 2 months and never came back on. I'm more anti HTC than pro anything, but I can say now that my Palm Pro is by far and away snappier and has a better build quality than the Touch Pro. Omnia Pro is most definitely not worth switching to Verizon, but it looks good.

Haha, if they'd endorse me I'd give em a spot in my sig, so you know that's not the case hahaha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan