PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jonmcq007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jonmcq007
Bad Signal and lag (alltel)

Hello. I really like my mogul but I am starting to get very annoyed. I can't hold a signal in my house worth anything. After I leave, my room especially, it's okay. My signal keeps going in and out also. Whenever I am on the phone, it fades in and out. I don't know what to do it is really agravating. Also, my phone seems to be running really slow lately. Like it's lagging. When I am texting it seems like sometimes it is a word behind like the text doesn't show up right away then in a couple seconds it all appears. I don't know what to do. Any help would be fantastic. And I am running wm6.1 and I am on the Alltel network .

Thanks, Jon
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bad Signal and lag (alltel)

The best way to fix your signal is by updating your PRL. This will allow you to utilize all of the networks at our disposal - Alltel, Sprint and Verizon. Without any roaming charges.

http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp

Upgrade to 40051 and you should have better signal.

Regarding the lagging, check and see what is actively running on your phone. Close any extra programs that are running in the background. Run Oxios Hibernate (or any other programs that free up RAM). If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall apps that you don't use. Lastly, you can either hard-reset or flash a new ROM with better memory management.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch 6800
Threadstarter

jonmcq007 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jonmcq007

so if i upgrade the prl then that will improve my signal am i correct? also because i download this i will not see any additional charges on my monthly bill?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmcq007 View Post
so if i upgrade the prl then that will improve my signal am i correct? also because i download this i will not see any additional charges on my monthly bill?
I can't guarantee that you will see an increase in signal, but you should. The PRL (Public Roaming List) is used by your phone to determine which towers to use and which order. By using a newer PRL (such as 40051), you will gain access to more towers, which should increase your service. Unless there aren't any towers near you, in which case you are out of luck.

And you will not see an increase in your bill, unless you travel outside your coverage area. I have not had any roaming charges ever, except for travel outside of the United States.

The 40051 PRL was taken from an Alltel Blackberry and is fully sanctioned by Alltel. For some reason, they distribute 3xxxx series PRLs to our phones and higher quality PRLs to Blackberries/computer network cards. You are not doing anything wrong at all. If you'd prefer to have Alltel send you the latest 3xxxx PRL, you can dial *228 and follow the instructions. It should give you better reception, but not as good as the 40051.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan